Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

20 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good morning,

Got my brother over this weekend, and girlfriend is coming home from the Isle of Wight, so my peace is about to be disrupted.

Had a funny little drama early in the week, an old girlfriend messaged to say she was in town for work, and suggested meeting up. If it was a coffee, I've done that before with someone else as it's public so no chance of wrong ideas/gossip, and usually they are all wifed up with someone else. But this one has tried to meet up in the past, and been a bit flirty when I had agreed, leading to me politely backing out, so I did the same here. 

Told my girlfriend who I thought would find it funny like the previous times, but she went defcon 3 that she'd done it again. Her twin sister found it funny.

As she soothed, I reminded her that she told me anything like this is best to be fed back when it happens, and I'm sure she would do the same in my boat... A very telling silence followed, at which point I found out she'd had a guy she went on a single date with years back in her messages all week after he saw her out with friends. I said "oh, so one rule for thee, but not for me?" She said "I was going to tell you when I was back". Her twin sister found it funny :lol: 

Start dating her sister, she sounds more fun :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Start dating her sister, she sounds more fun :lol:

That could make Christmas dinners with family a bit awkward :lol:

And their dad is a 3rd Dan in Ju-Jitsu, and takes me for training once a week, which could end with some of my joints being “accidentally” displaced :shock: 

• Haha 4

New ebay bargain.     Makita 18v Impact Wrench. Sold as spares or repairs, buyer said it just stopped working. Thought if I get it for less than £20 even if I can't fix it I'll be able to resell and it'll give me an excuse to hide in shed :lol:

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.39.19.png

It's definitely had a hard life, no oil or grease on it just lots of dirt and dust so guessing it belonged to a scaffolder or similar rather than a mechanic. Took it apart and first thing I noticed was this broken fuse....

PXL_20230819_092204935.jpg

Put a new one in and it's a runner!! 

Wife has told me to quit while I'm ahead, well I think her exact words were to stop wasting our money on broken crap we don't need :mrgreen:

• Haha 9

On 19/08/2023 at 09:53, Fozzie said:

That could make Christmas dinners with family a bit awkward :lol:

And their dad is a 3rd Dan in Ju-Jitsu, and takes me for training once a week, which could end with some of my joints being “accidentally” displaced :shock: 

There’s an incentive to get good at Ju-Jitsu (BJJ?) quickly 😂

• Haha 1

Good morning everybody.

Yesterday while painting my new metal gate, an idea come to mind.

Have anyone ever painted a bike with Hammerite? hammered effect?

I'll be very surprised if nobody ever tried it.

17 hours ago, Steve_M said:

There’s an incentive to get good at Ju-Jitsu (BJJ?) quickly 😂

It would probably be a good idea just in general, in case I ever seriously upset his daughter. Fortunately at 4, going on 5 years there's never been cause... Yet...😬

It's the Japanese variety, or at least I think it is. A lot of wrist locking and throwing moves. From what I know, which is very limited, BJJ is more brutal, a lot harder on the groundwork side. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

It would probably be a good idea just in general, in case I ever seriously upset his daughter. Fortunately at 4, going on 5 years there's never been cause... Yet...😬

It's the Japanese variety, or at least I think it is. A lot of wrist locking and throwing moves. From what I know, which is very limited, BJJ is more brutal, a lot harder on the groundwork side. 

BJJ is mostly groundwork and pretty hardcore. I haven’t seen the original, Japanese, ju jitsu as far as I recall. 

I was watching judo at the club my son trains at. There were a couple of guys who compete in BJJ at quite a high level and it was fascinating to watch. The judo guys were just cannon fodder on the ground. Standing up was a completely different kettle of fish… 

5 hours ago, husoi said:

Good morning everybody.

Yesterday while painting my new metal gate, an idea come to mind.

Have anyone ever painted a bike with Hammerite? hammered effect?

I'll be very surprised if nobody ever tried it.

All the time.  Stand and engine crash bars, mostly.

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

BJJ is mostly groundwork and pretty hardcore. I haven’t seen the original, Japanese, ju jitsu as far as I recall. 

I was watching judo at the club my son trains at. There were a couple of guys who compete in BJJ at quite a high level and it was fascinating to watch. The judo guys were just cannon fodder on the ground. Standing up was a completely different kettle of fish… 

I did a couple of years of BJJ when I was a teenager, and we'd compete with the other disciplines including Judo. I didn't find them so bad, but the karate guys were lethal! I used to do some boxing but I had surgery to fix a bust nose, and told it won't survive a big knock due to scar tissue.

For me it's the kick boxers, the force that goes through their shins in some of the kicks just boggles my mind. It looks like they should just snap, and when they do it knocks me ill :lol: