Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

9 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Rainy Day - Bike stays in t'garage (and I stay dry!).

cat rain GIF by Garfield

Mine was booked in for service and MOT. Nice and dry when I took it in. Got soaked clocking it. ☹️🌧

A month ago my mother went into hospital with congestive heart failure and tbh we all expected her to have died by now. My brothers came over from the USA and Germany and we expected the worst. She's still going but in the meantime has caught C.diificile (a nasty bug which has rendered her incontinent) and now Covid as well. She's obviously a fairly tough old biddy as she's still hanging on but she's not doing herself any favours really as she's never going to get "better" by any real definition of the word. Sometimes we treat our dogs better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

A month ago my mother went into hospital with congestive heart failure and tbh we all expected her to have died by now. My brothers came over from the USA and Germany and we expected the worst. She's still going but in the meantime has caught C.diificile (a nasty bug which has rendered her incontinent) and now Covid as well. She's obviously a fairly tough old biddy as she's still hanging on but she's not doing herself any favours really as she's never going to get "better" by any real definition of the word. Sometimes we treat our dogs better.

I can see both sides of the coin, to be honest I may leave this world kicking and screaming or I may leave it dribbling and somnolent but I'm dammed if I will leave without a fight so you can't blame the old biddy for trying. 

• Like 2

A seasonal conversation I had the other day with a farmer. The crop he produces sells onto the end market for £4.2 million.

He gets £200,000 out of which he has to cover all his costs. To find enough land to grow the crop he is renting fields all over the place, within a 60 mile radius. 

Someone is making a lot of money. But it ain't the farmers.

• Like 2

On 02/10/2022 at 08:06, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A seasonal conversation I had the other day with a farmer. The crop he produces sells onto the end market for £4.2 million.

He gets £200,000 out of which he has to cover all his costs. To find enough land to grow the crop he is renting fields all over the place, within a 60 mile radius. 

Someone is making a lot of money. But it ain't the farmers.

The Chinese are " Renting " millions of acres of Africa to feed themselves but I don't suppose that any of the farmers see much of that either .

Spoke to a nice old chap today, he had stopped off for a bite to eat, off far, no just Darlington,  nice packed bike, have you come far on your way to get here....outer hebrides 😂 a small island only 5hrs to oban, only 14miles of roads on the island and I know them all he says. 

DSC_0987.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1