Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Having succeeded in the US Embassy I am now at a loose end in London.  Pubs are closed without a substantial meal which I don't fancy. As a skinflint I bought a cheap ticket out so am lurking in Paddington Station Costa trying not to overdose on coffee. Only an hour and a half to waste.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Having succeeded in the US Embassy I am now at a loose end in London.  Pubs are closed without a substantial meal which I don't fancy. As a skinflint I bought a cheap ticket out so am lurking in Paddington Station Costa trying not to overdose on coffee. Only an hour and a half to waste.

It's an awful place.......I've only ever been there two or three times in my life! Hated it!

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's an awful place.......I've only ever been there two or three times in my life! Hated it!

Its actually been tarted up quite a lot in the last 10 years so in normal times its not bad. A few half decent pubs to browse. All more or less closed at the moment.

• Like 1

Mollydonalds Night tonight .....

Mondays Molly (11) re-creates McDonalds happy meals for herself, her little sister and big brother .... Chicken nuggets, microwave fries, ketchup in small pots all served in 70's "chicken in the basket" baskets .....

At least we can control the quality of what they eat ..... and it's the closest the children get to actual McDonalds ... 

Julie and I have something later ... something much nicer .... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Last year I went to the Bike show at Excel London, got back to Euston to find that my train had been cancelled, having being told that my ticket would be valid on the next delayed one, me & my mate went to the nearest pub ( remember them? ) we had to wait 2 1/2 hours, trouble was that I’d forgotten that I’d driven to the station in Cov,  and realised on the journey home, cost me a bomb for extended car park hours, a train home & a taxi back in the morning 🥺

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Mollydonalds Night tonight .....

Mondays Molly (11) re-creates McDonalds happy meals for herself, her little sister and big brother .... Chicken nuggets, microwave fries, ketchup in small pots all served in 70's "chicken in the basket" baskets .....

At least we can control the quality of what they eat ..... and it's the closest the children get to actual McDonalds ... 

Julie and I have something later ... something much nicer .... :classic_biggrin:

are we allowed to ask ?

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

are we allowed to ask ?

Jammy Red wine in huge glasses and steak and salad wraps tonight.

We don't have dinner until after 8pm ...

The first wave of girls is safely in their bedroom pretending not to be watching tiktoc on their phones by then ...

1 minute ago, Trooper74 said:

Jammy Red wine in huge glasses and steak and salad wraps tonight.

We don't have dinner until after 8pm ...

The first wave of girls is safely in their bedroom pretending not to be watching tiktoc on their phones by then ...

sounds interesting 

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Last year I went to the Bike show at Excel London, got back to Euston to find that my train had been cancelled, having being told that my ticket would be valid on the next delayed one, me & my mate went to the nearest pub ( remember them? ) we had to wait 2 1/2 hours, trouble was that I’d forgotten that I’d driven to the station in Cov,  and realised on the journey home, cost me a bomb for extended car park hours, a train home & a taxi back in the morning 🥺

@XTreme stick this twat on the TOTY list .

Edited by Six30

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You've already nominated......so someone else will have to make the call!

Listen, as the current holder of the TOTY crown i think i should have a little say in this , i got no prize last year so a little bit of an input would be nice , fook me its no hardship and no ones going to die.

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Listen, as the current holder of the TOTY crown i think i should have a little say in this , i got no prize last year so a little bit of an input would be nice , fook me its no hardship and no ones going to die.

Rules are rules! You'll have to coerce a knuckledragger into doing it for you!

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

your the only knuckledragger i know on here .

Look......there must be somebody on here who likes you who can nominate? Maybe not though.

So tell me who you nominated in TOTY and I'll pull them out and replace them with Mickly.