Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I completely understand. My Cat (Tiggie) is 14 this year. Last February she came into the living room and meowed at me followed by peeing blood on the floor 🥴

I took her to the vets who said it was probably a urinary tract infection and gave some pills. It carried on for a few more days and I took her back as she was really distressed.

He sent her for scans and probes (they had to keep her a day longer as she wouldn't come round from the anesthetic, that really didn't help me!) and he said she probably has bladder cancer but couldn't be 100% certain without surgery. If it was there wasn't anything he could do anyway so I didn't see the point of making things worse for her for no reason. He gave us some antibiotics and pain meds for her and just to keep her comfortable until we felt it was time. I was really upset, probably more so than my Wife and Daughter!! She is my cat and always comes running out to greet me when i pull up in the car :lol: She also sleeps in the bed with me but only after the Wife has got up!! she waits until Wife starts going down the stairs and then pelts it into the bedroom and dives onto her side of the bed 😆

Thankfully it turned out to just be an aggressive UTI. the antibiotics did the trick and she was back to normal within a week or so. We didn't realise this until a month or so had passed and we noticed she hadn't deteriorated like the vet said she would. She got a good 5/6 weeks of special food and treats before the penny dropped :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

It’s a bit of a sad day for us today. Our 19yr old cat had to be euthanised after a long period of decline. Had you told me 19yrs ago how upset and emotional I would be over a cat I’d have laughed. Yet, here I am, looking over at “his” chair and missing him already. 

Silly old sod! 🙁

Heartbreaking for you mate.

Nowt you can say.

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

Evening, I've just completed a survey for the BBC, I doubt I'm on their Xmas card list now 😁 

I went on thier website and got asked to do one but first I must sign in! 

Piss off 😠

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stu said:

I went on thier website and got asked to do one but first I must sign in! 

Piss off 😠

Ditto.

I would have liked to complete the survey. Just to provide balance. The old marketing thing of “if you do a bad thing people will tell three other people, if you do a good thing, they tell one other”, springs to mind. 

I enjoy much of the BBC’s output. Their radio content* in particular, which people tend to forget when criticising them. 

*I make exception for Jeremy Vine who, please, someone, get rid of him. 

5 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I can listen to radio 2 all day long except for Jeremy vines show. I always change stations at lunch time :smile:

Same here. I only listen to the radio when I’m doing something in the barn, though. Turning over does have the benefit that I occasionally forget to turn back and end up listening to a play, or some classical music documentary. Or Woman’s hour (1/3 of its audience is men 😂) which I enjoy.

• Like 1

Taking advantage of my 100gb monthly allowance I have long been listening to online radio.

Radio Oxigenio (Pt) being my favourite followed by Jazz radio lounge and ABC lounge radio. Straight to the intercom works a treat :thumb: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

I usually turn to smooth radio FM :classic_biggrin:

What a bunch of big tough hairy bikers we all are 😆

Music to die to..... 😁😁😁

Once spent an entire journey to Glasgow woth this on.

My mate refused to change stations...lol

Lisa and i in the back so couldn't even get to the screen.....

By Motherwell I'd lost the will to live  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Radios on all the time. Both at home,car and work. 

Home. Radio 2. Absolute.  Radio X. Talk sport.

Car. As above but with Radio leeds as well for the roads.

Work. Usually Capital...

Changing subject.

No country is without its faults. Some more than others but culture remains.

This is one of many reasons I like Japanese culture.

Arigato :) 

• Like 1