Nominations for MOTY (Man of the Year) 2020

XTreme

Member of the Year for me is probably @MarkW, I think there have been times I have not necessarily agreed with what he is saying but I have always enjoyed the way he says it. I think he takes the time to write something and seeks to make it witty. In addition his bravery in talking about his experiences in the ‘how are you feeling thread’ started by @fastbob prompted me to also share and to face the vulnerability/exposure that offered. 
Bob is still held in my high esteem but I voted for him last year.

• Like 6

Having only re-entered this ragtag bag of spares forum in November I’ll have to abstain. But if I qualified for voting @fastbob would be up there for keeping a motorcycle forum about motorcycling and making the place far more legit than it generally is 😂

But Im also with James in Brum about Mark’s post because when I read that thread I was quite blown away by how easy but painful it was to read (let alone live it and write it) but it also made me think there was hope for the forum being better. Which it is. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, WD-40 said:

Cheers @Tiggie The £50 is in the post:classic_biggrin:  I'm going to nominate @gymwitch for man of the year:classic_laugh: for stripping and rebuilding the carbs on her CBR400 and getting the bike running sweet after it was parked for a long time. It's not easy to get a carb rebuild right if it's your first time doing it!

Im proper chuffed. Thank you. !!!

• Like 2

I'm going with @fastbob again. Ever-reliable when it comes to bike-related advice, he also started the thread of the year in which he invited us to open up and share our experiences during these difficult times. Aside from that, he also (I'm sure unwittingly) makes me laugh on a regular basis.

Edit: Oh, I'm a twat. This is just for nominations, and he's already nominated.

Edited by learningtofly

12 hours ago, James in Brum said:

Member of the Year for me is probably @MarkW, I think there have been times I have not necessarily agreed with what he is saying but I have always enjoyed the way he says it. I think he takes the time to write something and seeks to make it witty. In addition his bravery in talking about his experiences in the ‘how are you feeling thread’ started by @fastbob prompted me to also share and to face the vulnerability/exposure that offered. 
Bob is still held in my high esteem but I voted for him last year.

Aww, thanks man - I appreciate the kind words. :cheers:

But seriously, I'm not in the same league as people with the knowledge to contribute genuinely useful bike-related stuff on here: most of what I post is just light weight piffle to make people smile, usually written as displacement activity when I'm struggling to motivate myself at work!

And I fear you're overstating any 'bravery' on my part for sharing my childhood story. To be honest, it was actually quite an interesting experience to write it down and launch it into the ether, because I can count the number of times I've shared it over the last 30-odd years on the fingers of one hand. It's not the sort of thing that ever comes up in everyday conversation, so having the opportunity to commit it all to print and 'publish' it was quite cathartic I suppose.

Now I'm heading over to the TOTY thread to nominate you for not agreeing with everything I say. :up:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2