Mug shot

raesewell

Don't take any shit from these f*cking swine, Rae.

I hope there is a particularly hot corner of Hell reserved for those who go through life inflicting 'should of' instead of 'should have' on us. The same applies to anyone who thinks 'S' is pronounced 'Sh' ('shtraight', 'shtrange', or as it's Christmas how about 'Chrishtian') or who pronounces Brexit 'Bregzit'. An eternity with Beelzebub and all his hellish instruments of torture is the least they deserve. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, raesewell said:

Ah well over the years I have been dandad, gran gran and I'm still waiting for my latest to start talking.

My youngest has literally just arrived so a while to wait there. His big sister  is  possibly moving towards gampa but the only words she's really keen on are choc and bye-bye if you annoy her.

Just now, MarkW said:

Don't take any shit from these f*cking swine, Rae.

I hope there is a particularly hot corner of Hell reserved for those who go through life inflicting 'should of' instead of 'should have' on us. The same applies to anyone who thinks 'S' is pronounced 'Sh' ('shtraight', 'shtrange', or as it's Christmas how about 'Chrishtian') or who pronounces Brexit 'Bregzit'. An eternity with Beelzebub and all his hellish instruments of torture is the least they deserve. 

As a northerner my pet peeve is folks having a barth instead of a bath and cutting the grarse instead of the grass. 

• Like 1

Demonstration of how f**ked up the english language is. 

The "gh" in "hiccough" is pronounced like "p"

The "ough" in "doughnut" is pronounced like "o"

The "phth" in "phthisis" is pronounced like "t"

The "eigh" in "neighbour" is pronounced like "a"

The "tte" in "gazette" is pronounced like "t"

The "eau" in "plateau" is pronounced like "o"

So Potato should be 

ghoughphtheightteeau

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

As a northerner my pet peeve is folks having a barth instead of a bath and cutting the grarse instead of the grass. 

My eldest came back from school with 'barth' a few years ago. My wife and I trained him out of that PDQ!

I think of myself as an honorary northerner because I live in Yorkshire, and I consider my mother to be a genuine northerner because she comes from Manchester. However, one of our Geordie staff refers to people from Manchester as 'soft southerners' and daren't say what she thinks of people from Stoke for fear of being slapped in the face with her P45.

Mind you, I don't think you'd ever know I was from Stoke if you heard me, thank God - it's one of the most retarded accents on the planet. Even people from Stoke don't think I'm from Stoke: "Y'onner from rind ear, mar mate" as they used to say when I worked with them. 

Believe it or not there was a 'professional' Elvis impersonator in Stoke, but I can't imagine what the hell that would have sounded like - f*cking hilarious is my guess... 

American Trilogy (Live in Madison Square Garden version):

Oh I wish I were,

In the lander cotton,

Ode times they onner forgotten,

Luke away, luke away, luke away, Dixieland.

Sing eat mar mate... forky nell, thar's on thar own son...

• Haha 2

I’ll never forget my first Elvis impersonator and it was only a couple of years or so ago. It’s proper West Country here and there was a tubby out of tune non looky likey booked for a 40th apparently because the birthday girl and her mates were proper fans of the guy. 

He started singing, it was hilariously bad and I properly spat my drink out and started choking on my own laughter. I was on my own in this. I tried to recover my terrible ingratitude with a small chortle and a giggle with my now unfriendly seating companion with a hahahaa that’s apparently Elvis, brilliant he can’t even sing. He said “that’s my brother” I assumed it was a witty response and laughed even more. 
Apparently not it really was his brother 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

My wife is from Northumberland and considers anyone from south of the Tees as a southerner and of dubious morals and as for Scots well i never. No surprise the rievers lasted so long.

I would move that to south Shields.