Challenge 2021 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

21 hours ago, Throttled said:

There is a lack of any Texaco and Harvest Energy petrol stations in Scotland. One year, there needs to be a tag unique to Scotland, that only I can do easily and everyone else has to ride many hundreds of miles.

Sam Heughan Dancing GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

I'll allow substitutions, what stations do you have? 🤣

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

@Hoggs Other petrol brands that have a good spread around Scotland are Gulf and Thames.

then you get permission to substitute those in! I'm a very generous tag setter I know 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

then you get permission to substitute those in! I'm a very generous tag setter I know 🤣

Anything for an easy life eh :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, Gulf and Thames are Scotland substitutes for Texaco (there used to be one not far from me, I did not know they had all gone) and Harvest Energy, of which the last one in Falkirk closed and is fenced off.

Now I need you to change most of the pub names......

Yes GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Throttled said:

Thanks, Gulf and Thames are Scotland substitutes for Texaco (there used to be one not far from me, I did not know they had all gone) and Harvest Energy, of which the last one in Falkirk closed and is fenced off.

Now I need you to change most of the pub names......

Yes GIF

Thanks to this, I now have 2 extra tags that I can use now too. Whoooo!

• Like 2

Hi @Hoggs, while we are on the subject of points😀,  In Scotland you have 11 Blue south tags! 12 North orange tags + 5 orange tags I think you put in for @husoi!

So how are we scoring them? 11 blue + 50, and is it 17 orange + 50, or 12 + 50, and 5 + 50?, 🤣😂

7 hours ago, Hoggs said:

oh its a points fest! complete any colour or stations / pubs and you can get a bonus 50! its all about fun so I'm not precious about it 🤣🤣

Woooo! 50pts! Must try and head towards @husoi direction as that's an easy 50pts if I tag the ones near him. 🤪

Edited by JackieOWheels
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Disastrous start today as my new top box decided it didn’t want to come with me but still managed to bag a few

clocked just under 240 miles today 

sadly my trusty notepad and name tag got a bit wet from my drink bottle exploding when top box went flying 

C982224B-FBBC-4BB4-B115-2F4DADF6D654.jpeg

D83FCA10-12A9-420D-B4EC-5314DD88DF33.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

I probably shouldn't be trusted with making decisions 😆

but now its getting busier I'll try make rennies life a bit easier and look at the scores this afternoon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mike_smith said:

i am not sure I have the up to date instructions - is there a 50 point bonus for doing all the petrol stations?

yes! its a bonus fest this year 🤣

• Like 1

Hello

I am just finalising my tour of Scotland. This is a picture of the lat/long co-ordinates for Glenfinnan Railway Development Museum from Google earth- it looks like a private house.

Is this the picture you want or do you mean the nearby Glenfinnan Railway Museum at the railway station?

Glenfinnan.thumb.jpg.cea701702d56ac0cdb29003a0b9ae201.jpg