Would you buy this house?

Tiggie

An excerpt from the estate agents listing:

Please be aware this property is being sold by family members as part of a relatives estate. It was the deceased's wishes to be buried in the garden as he was born and died in the house. This wish has been carried out and the property will be sold as is.

Wouldn't get it myself, I'd be scared to ever do any gardening!! :shock:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/76868103?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0ILhHScSIDGOYedrZus9Dltrz_cvaWxiZxJmIwBMHrkPmHcDd18VB8_2c#/

You'd get a good crop of stinging nettles. They thrive were bodies are buried.

The only issues I can foresee are whether the relatives will want access to the grave. And if the body is anywhere where groundworks might be wanted. Hopefully they checked those before deciding on the grave location. You'd need Home Office permission to do any works near the site.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Never really thought about this until now. Most disused graveyards are covered with nettles

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I think that might be a rather one way conversation.

Used to it.

Pretty much me and the mrs... 🙄 I play dead.

Nope. 
At some point some relative would likely turn up and probably want to come into the garden or house.

My days of counselling others are done, dreary conversations about someone I didn’t know with someone else I don’t know wouldn’t be on my house hunting list. 

• Like 1

I’ll be going for cremated and scattered. Cheap n easy, which is unlike me 😂

If the children want somewhere to whine they can buy a bench or plant a tree or something. 

So if I wanted to bury the dogs in the garden (after death 😆) what’s the law on that? I’ve got a feeling there’s something about watercourses? 

It does say that part of the garden is rented from the council. No mention if its a full burial or a cremation burial.  nor any mention of a memorial. There is also rear access that has nothing to do with the frontage of the house.. its not even on the same road.

Seems likely to me they simply drilled a 6ft+ hole and dropped the urn in it. then filled it in. no memorial. but only an in-person viewing would answer any concerns.

Edited by Gerontious

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That’s a bit disconcerting bearing in mind how much of our garden is full of nettles. 😂

• Haha 5