Wheel spinner

Just bought one of these from SBS, I so wish I had have done this a long time ago .... Money well spent!  Makes cleaning and getting to the tyre valve to check pressures so much easier

bike_tek_wheel_spinner.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's a lot heavier and more robust than it looks in the picture, rubber feet on the underside to prevent slip, the rollers can be altered to accommodate different size tyres and it has a rubber bung to go under the side stand (if needed) to make the bike sit a bit more upright .... I'm well impressed with it (easily pleased me) 😀

17 hours ago, manxie49 said:

Just bought one of these from SBS, I so wish I had have done this a long time ago .... Money well spent!  Makes cleaning and getting to the tyre valve to check pressures so much easier

Top tip. Thank you. 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2021 at 17:08, manxie49 said:

Seriously need this as I doing the front wheel is annoying,, cheers

• Like 1

I'm lucky that when mine is on the centre stand it naturally falls onto the front wheel, so spinning the rear wheel is easy, to do the front I use a quick grip clamp in the expanding orientation and jack up from the front footpeg, this lifts the front wheel and sets the rear wheel nice and firmly on the ground :thumb:

Because my bike is parked on a slope the rear wheel is off the ground slightly anyway so spinning it is never a problem. If I want to spin the front I just put a bucket with a few litres of water on the pillion and it's heavy enough to tip it on to the back wheel. 

Edited by S-Westerly

35 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Because my bike is parked on a slope the rear wheel is off the ground slightly anyway so spinning it is never a problem. If I want to spin the front I just put a bucket with a few litres of water on the pillion and it's heavy enough to tip it on to the back wheel. 

Certainly a cheaper method if you can do that

Guest Richzx6r
On 20/01/2021 at 17:09, geofferz said:

OMG - that's such a good idea! I have a rear paddock stand but cleaning the front is a ballache. Thank you - I'll get one before I next clear mine again! 

You back in the eng er land then?

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

How was Miami?

It's lovely thanks chica - everything is open which is odd, people are crazy, it's 24 degrees and sunny, the girls are delightful and it's supremely expensive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geofferz said:

It's lovely thanks chica - everything is open which is odd, people are crazy, it's 24 degrees and sunny, the girls are delightful and it's supremely expensive. 

You lucky, lucky sod.

34 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

👍 It’s cheering to hear at least someone’s having a good time!

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

👍 It’s cheering to hear at least someone’s having a good time!

and sounds like he is digging deep :classic_huh: