Rant of the day

MikeHorton

Don`t get me started on cnuts who decide to wash their windscreen when I pull in behind them on a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castration and public flogging wouldn`t be enough to stop me raging!

The BMW 1 series owner on the A34 the other day can count himself lucky to just need a new wing mirror lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Don`t get me started on cnuts who decide to wash their windscreen when I pull in behind them on a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BMW 1 series owner on the A34 the other day can count himself lucky to just need a new wing mirror lol.

Cheers

Ian

That's deliberate

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Cheers

Ian

It's much more effective to use the spray to clean your visor and as you pass them give them a thumbs up. Drives them crazy.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2021 at 20:50, Pie man said:

Apart from being absolute dullards, I don't think the manufacturers help. I'm sure my old car had daytime running lights, dash lit up giving the impression lights are on, but no lights at the rear unless you manually turned them on or it was set to auto, they also cant see the road ahead because they are probably looking at faceshite on their phone. :thumb:  

The older model Astra's confused me when we first had them at work with the dash lit up it gave the impression the lights were on when they weren't v confusing when your as thick as me 🤪

• Haha 1

My rant if the day is getting up on dark mornings not really a rant I'm just missing the sunshine already. Bring on January when the first few plants start poking through the soil and you know spring is on the way.  Sure I get that bloody SAD syndrome or whatever it's called. Driving into work today again back on the bike tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2021 at 21:43, MikeHorton said:

Just a thread to defuse and vent off a bit. 

People who don't indicate on roundabouts bugs me today people tend to do a breakaway indication when they are actually leaving the roundabout no Indicating when turning right etc. It's not hard and I'm sure they know where they are going but I'll be f****d if I know where they are going! Same as those who indicate when they have already started making the turn, come on it's not difficult!

I would like to apologize on behalf of all Harley Davidson riders , myself included , who appear not to have a clue what their indicators are doing . It's bad enough having one button on each handlebar particularly the right one where you're doing three things at once . When you've got used to that , there's the self cancelling system which operates completely at random . Designed in the US , the tilt sensor appears to have no understanding that in order to go right at a roundabout you have to  lean left , then right and then left again . Then there's lane changing on the motorway . The indicators always seem to stay on too long but whenever you flick the switch a second time to cancel it will be at the exact moment that they self cancel so of course you end up reactivating them . The only good feature is the hazard function which is very useful when you run out of fuel without warning in the fast lane * of the motorway .                                                                                                    * Comments anticipated .

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Mind you if they had a sensible size tank you could actually get enough fuel in to actually complete a journey.

These days you feel cheated at a BP garage because you can`t squeeze in the mandated personal allowance of £30 lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Hope the running out of fuel wasn't a personal experience?! Horribly embarrassing if so.

Oh yes , it's happened several times . Obviously I've got reserve but my bike tends to quit without any preliminary hesitation or spluttering . So it's clutch in and get to the hard shoulder asap and restart . 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Note to myself, Never buy a Harley🚜

Not to everyone's taste perhaps  but my only regret is that I didn't get one years ago . 

7 hours ago, fastbob said:

Oh yes , it's happened several times . Obviously I've got reserve but my bike tends to quit without any preliminary hesitation or spluttering . So it's clutch in and get to the hard shoulder asap and restart . 

So no fuel gauge or even a warning light? 

17 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

So no fuel gauge or even a warning light? 

Not on carburettor models . There is a digital trip meter if you remember to reset it whenever you fill up but mileage varies according to the type of riding you're doing . 

16 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Not on carburettor models . There is a digital trip meter if you remember to reset it whenever you fill up but mileage varies according to the type of riding you're doing . 

Ye gods - I remember my old CG125 was like that. Hated not knowing when it was going to run out of fuel and swore never to own a bike that didn't have some indication that it was getting near empty. 

49 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Ye gods - I remember my old CG125 was like that. Hated not knowing when it was going to run out of fuel and swore never to own a bike that didn't have some indication that it was getting near empty. 

It's not as bad as it sounds . The range to reserve is 80 - 90 miles . It's a lot more than the later EFI models like the Iron . When I'm touring Scotland I don't have any issues as long as I don't pass any garages without filling up . 

7 minutes ago, fastbob said:

It's not as bad as it sounds . The range to reserve is 80 - 90 miles . It's a lot more than the later EFI models like the Iron . When I'm touring Scotland I don't have any issues as long as I don't pass any garages without filling up . 

What size tank is that @fastbob

9 minutes ago, fastbob said:

About the same range as the Bobber then. I can get 80-90 miles before the gauge drops to two bars and the light comes on. The dash tells me I've got about 30 miles left in the tank but when I ran it down until it was under 10 miles there was still a spare litre left in there.

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

What size tank is that @fastbob

I believe I've got the 3.3 gallon tank but there's nothing inside it except petrol . EFI models have all kinds of gubbins in the tank taking up space . 

Screenshot_20210919-162844.png

17 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I believe I've got the 3.3 gallon tank but there's nothing inside it except petrol . EFI models have all kinds of gubbins in the tank taking up space . 

Screenshot_20210919-162844.png

US or UK gallons? 

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

US or UK gallons? 

Why do HD use such small tanks? I get 200 miles on a tank before hitting reserve, which is good for 25 miles or so. I would hate having to plan trips around fuel stations

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

Why do HD use such small tanks? I get 200 miles on a tank before hitting reserve, which is good for 25 miles or so. I would hate having to plan trips around fuel stations

I have to plan my route around P*ss stops nowadays. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Rant - which bloody moron decided it was a good idea to place cattle grids on a bend? 

I used to have to go over two sets of cattle grids on the way to work. They are damn treacherous things in the wet

• Like 1