Are benellis as good as they look?

potatobroxd

I never knew benellis were sold in the UK. Just saw a picture of TRK502 and man do they look good. Looks almost like a multistrada at less than 1/3 the cost. Its cheaper than an R3 as well. 

Anyone thats ridden these bikes can tell me about their reliability and how nice (or terribly) it rides?

2021-Benelli-TRK502X-Road-Test-Review-11.jpg

Just looked up the price of them and that's bloody cheap! 

Benelli was always an Italian exotic bike that cost a fair amount with servicing costs to suit! 

Reliability wise I can't really comment as I have never owned one! you hear people complaining of electrics but are they just tarring it with the same brush as early Ducati electrics? 

I wonder if they are trying to make some sort of come back and offering more affordable bikes :? 

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just looked up the price of them and that's bloody cheap! 

Benelli was always an Italian exotic bike that cost a fair amount with servicing costs to suit! 

Reliability wise I can't really comment as I have never owned one! you hear people complaining of electrics but are they just tarring it with the same brush as early Ducati electrics? 

I wonder if they are trying to make some sort of come back and offering more affordable bikes :? 

Benelli are now a Chinese company.

Just now, KiwiBob said:

Been Chinese since 2005

Yeah just been looking at wiki 

All still designed in Italy but built in China! maybe they are using quality materials 

Funniest thing I have ever seen. At a light controlled pass in northern Italy. Head of the queue was a brand new Benelli and a Brand new Panigale. Plus various other bikes. Everyone off there bikes as the countdown to a green light was minutes away. The entire crowd were paying huge attention to the Benelli and completely ignoring the Duck. Which I found hysterical. But not unusual. In Italy the attitudes are rather different. Ducks are seen as fairly banal. But anything else Italian - huge kudos. Even more so if the bike is a Triumph. They are Triumph mad!!

• Haha 1

Benelli .....??

Saw one of these at Squires Cafe at Sherburn Tin Helmet yesterday, Thursday, .... 
It has Royal Enfield / QJ China  written all over it .. ... ???? 
£3699 on the road ..!!!!

Looked absolutely  lovely in the flesh .... 
Any thoughts chaps ??

fullsizeoutput_44d.thumb.jpeg.4c426111c98940e0ddf3d611a39cb099.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74

I'm in the middle of my DAS and been searching for a middleweight and  did consider a benelli. But for the great price and some great looking bikes there are too many compromises to be made Vs buying a Japanese bike that's got a few miles on it. 

The benelli I looked at was this 

https://www.benelli.co.uk/new-bikes/bike/2020-benelli-752s-586

I would suggest that if you are really looking for a Benelli (that isn’t a small capacity or new) then do your research. When Benelli were bought out, up to that point and, I believe for a few years afterwards they were exclusively built in Italy. At first the new owners made just 125/175/200s in China with the Benelli badge. But it didn’t take long before all production was ended in Italy. Though apparently that is still the design centre for all new models. To my mind it doesn’t really matter that they are made in China, what does matter is the quality of the steel and other materials as well as end of line Q.C. And then backup for after purchase. There is a difference between quick buck manufacturers and those in it for the long haul with a real concern for quality, reliability and reputation. It’s too easy to confuse the two.

6 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I would suggest that if you are really looking for a Benelli (that isn’t a small capacity or new) then do your research. When Benelli were bought out, up to that point and, I believe for a few years afterwards they were exclusively built in Italy. At first the new owners made just 125/175/200s in China with the Benelli badge. But it didn’t take long before all production was ended in Italy. Though apparently that is still the design centre for all new models. To my mind it doesn’t really matter that they are made in China, what does matter is the quality of the steel and other materials as well as end of line Q.C. And then backup for after purchase. There is a difference between quick buck manufacturers and those in it for the long haul with a real concern for quality, reliability and reputation. It’s too easy to confuse the two.

Very good last point, some Xiaomi electronics i bought worked very well but the non-branded ones on ebay were absolutely horrendous

21 minutes ago, Johnny Deluxe said:

The headlight isn’t great. That’s about it really for negatives. 

The same can be said for a lot of other bikes so its not a massive downfall really 

• Like 1