Taking full test after only 2 months riding

Assuming you pass no you're not being stupid. You don't have to immediately go out and buy a zillion horse power bike; just be sensible and ride within your limits. Don't be pressurised by anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree - you aren't being daft. If you know you're capable of passing then go for it. Because no matter how long you take before your test the reality is you only really start to learn after you've passed your test. 

Way back when I did my test I had already had a few years driving cars and I grew up on a pushbike. So I had plenty of background on two wheels and had experience of road sense. I did my bike test within a few weeks, passed first time, then the learning began and it's still going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Medina27 said:

I've only been riding for 2 months on a 125. Got my full license test in December. 5 day course on a big bike

Any advice? Am I stupid? 

Not at all.  When I was training i saw plenty of people who had never been on a bike at all do CBT and a DAS and be on a full license in just over a week. One guy never been on a bike before a week later he passed and bought a mt10 he has been riding over a year now without incident.

Edited by Spongefinger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did exactly what you have done, did my CBT and got a cheap bike for 2 months and then did my Mod1 & Mod 2. I did go a little crazy on my first choice and bought a ZX9R. Despite with people say you can get a big powered bike as your first if you have control over that right hand!

My wife started her DAS last week along side 4 others.  One had passed CBT 7-8 months ago but not ridden since, another had only ridden a twist and go.  The other 2 had way nore miles than her (2000).  It takes all sorts.  Put some slow speed miles on the 125 and you're good.  Its Mod1 that scares everyone.

• Like 1

Did CBT, 5 day intensive course, and then jumped straight onto a GSXR750 after passing. Anything goes fast also goes slow, and you'll find a bigger bike rides much easier/better, fatter tyres, bigger brakes etc etc. 

Plus speaking from experience, if you don't take it steady to start with you quickly realise you need to!