Straps for handlebar wiring

Mississippi Bullfrog

One minor irritation with the Bobber is that Triumph use some rubber bands on the handlebars to keep wiring in place. It looks a bit naff.

I'm looking for ideas of some kind of strap to hold the wiring that looks better.

I'm not into a lot of leather on bikes unless it's discrete. But I guess leather is probably the most likely option.

I just haven't seen anything short enough to wrap round the bars.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Old-codger said:

Thanks - but I've got stuff like that. I'm really looking for something that looks a bit more classy as the rubber straps just let the rest of the bike down a bit.

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

How about something like this?

FEIN 31345119010 Kabelhalter Cable Holder, Black, Size https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LBBMG8U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Q8W6G2T1ZHYXVR35D2AH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

40F2F8F1-685F-436E-9501-55B2B429FEF9.thumb.jpeg.10e118e3c4076959de6be2e7ae143ef7.jpeg

Thanks, the variety of cables might fit into the slit on them. I'll have to check. I'm really looking for something that doesn't look like rubber or plastic.

7 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Good suggestion - it would need to be quite wide and I'd need four of them for the handlebars. I've found a company called Masta Plasta that do self-adhesive leather either on a roll or in various sized patches. I've ordered a roll and will experiment cutting strips which will simply stick over the existing rubber straps. 

I'll need to treat it with some leather balsam to protect them from rain. I try to avoid riding the Bobber in the wet if possible as I keep the CBF for that - but you get caught out sometimes.

21 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Run them through the bars . That's what a lot of Sportster riders do on Bobbers . 

That is an option but I'm not sure I want to get involved in that much change to the wiring. There are some threads on the Bobber forum about what is involved and they didn't appeal to me. I'll take another look though.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/threads/internally-wired-stock-bars.19364/

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog