A multi-million dollars
Almost overnight

Twice as white and safer
Twice as gritted with salt
And if you get crashed,
It's nobody else's fault,

image.thumb.png.80e072140b24117b688063043af9c6af.png

Mean whilst in the Uk:
https://roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/removing-white-lines-can-reduce-speeds-tfl-3817/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, onesea said:

They've been doing this kind of thing - removing road signs and markings - in Holland for years. They say that it makes the traffic go slower and it's safer for cyclists. In the article I read, they said that of course it could never happened in the UK: the Dutch are so much more enlightened than us.

Edited by bonio

One thing I've noticed where I live is they have changed most of the streetlights for l.e.d downlight style ones. The problem I'm having is the light they throw on the road looks very much the same as a cars headlights so when going round corners I keep thinking a car is coming!! :classic_wacko:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

One thing I've noticed where I live is they have changed most of the streetlights for l.e.d downlight style ones. The problem I'm having is the light they throw on the road looks very much the same as a cars headlights so when going round corners I keep thinking a car is coming!! :classic_wacko:

I thought the idea of less was the ability for councils to be able to dim them too they seem too bright.  It's good for wildlirlfe either too much light pollution 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Around here they seem to of just replaced the old and kept them on extra bright! :classic_wacko:

Round here they get turned off at midnight perfect for coming home on 0200 shift.
Although it tickles me 1 mile away they don’t turn them off as they had to many problems muggings adults robberies etc.  Yet those folk wouldn’t live where I do as it’s the rough area. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, onesea said:

Round here they get turned off at midnight perfect for coming home on 0200 shift.
Although it tickles me 1 mile away they don’t turn them off as they had to many problems muggings adults robberies etc.  Yet those folk wouldn’t live where I do as it’s the rough area. 😂🤣😂

But if you were a scally where would you go to rob people? Where the rich people live or in a rough area where people are poorer?

Like @TiggieWe have a bend near us that has a LED streetlight and I always thinks it's headlights coming the other way.

The worst bit is a farm which has window angled so it reflects your own headlight back at you so it looks like you're about to have a head on collision. Freaks me every time I pass it. 

• Like 1

The white centre line has probably saved my life on numerous occasions when I have turned into the full glare of the sun and temporarily lost all orientation . Sometimes they are all you've got . 

• Like 3