24 Hours In Police Custody

bud

Last night on channel four the true crime series followed a case involving the attempted theft of a motorcycle. The home owner chased the two guys in a car after they rode off on a motorcycle after being caught in the act.I

Anyone see it?

Yeah I saw it , poor bloke got 22 months while the two scumbags walked away with community service and suspended sentences! I read this morning that the thieving bast*rds are also claiming compensation from the blokes insurance for injuries in excess of 750k 🤬

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Ferris85 said:

Yeah I saw it , poor bloke got 22 months while the two scumbags walked away with community service and suspended sentences! I read this morning that the thieving bast*rds are also claiming compensation from the blokes insurance for injuries in excess of 750k 🤬

That just sums it up for us. Their injuries wouldn't of been so bad if they had helmets on. But they took them off, so the police wouldn't chase them.

5 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

What a blood boiling episode..so angry after watching that...bloody police and CPS 

In fairness it's not the police who are at fault. They only collect the facts as evidence.

It is the CPS who decide whether or not to prosecute, and they always go for the easy target.

• Like 2

Think if I was the bloke, I’d make sure they never got to spend their compo.

Ugly illiterate scrote interviewed only came in to talk about the incident & refused to talk about the lead up to it.

On 29/11/2022 at 15:58, Yorky said:

In fairness it's not the police who are at fault. They only collect the facts as evidence.

It is the CPS who decide whether or not to prosecute, and they always go for the easy target.

The guy still had to appear in court and be tried in front of a jury of his peers. 

He was found guilty, which means the jury was unanimous in their decision.

im not saying this right or wrong as I don’t know enough about the case, but I think it adds some useful context to the situation.

I will say he was a fool for chasing them down after the fact. I don’t know what he hoped to achieve. It’s so far beyond the scope of reasonable force, too. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe85 said:

I will say he was a fool for chasing them down after the fact. I don’t know what he hoped to achieve. It’s so far beyond the scope of reasonable force, too. 

Red mist situation I would imagine. No doubt in hindsight he would agree with your sentiments.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...