Input needed for our roadtrip app

Romano

Hey there, 

I'm Romano. Together with my brother-in-law we're working on this cool little app that's all about planning and riding your roadtrip.

The app's got this super simple interface, so you can keep your eyes on the road and not on your phone. And we've built in a bunch of features we think are pretty neat.

But here's the thing - we need your help. We wanna make sure we're not just creating something WE love, but something YOU'LL love. So, we're looking for some brave souls to test our beta version and hit us with some honest feedback.

• What do you like? What's not working for you?
  • Are we missing anything that'd make your road trips smoother?
  • Got any ideas on how we could take this thing to the next level?

If you're up for it, drop a comment below or ping me a message. You'll have our eternal gratitude, and you'll be helping shape an app that could change the way we road trip.

Thanks a bunch

Romano Chandansingh

2 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

Personally I think you’re going to be hard pushed to beat anything that MyRoute-app hasn’t done/thought of already. This is best route planning app I’ve used, ever. 

So your a perfect candidate for feedback 😁

I had to travel from near Southend to Donnington a few weekends ago, and wanted a simple app that I could put in start and finish points. I wanted to put in places to go through on the way (way points?), but without having to stop and acknowledge that I'd been through. I just wanted to 'see' them, not visit them.

Google maps couldn't do it, Waze couldn't do it and lots of others needed me to have a pc and transfer to my mobile etc.

If you can make it as simple to change the route as google maps pc version does, once start point and destination are input, it'd be a winner for me.

Many moons ago, we learned the Transportation Method. It was used to work out the most efficient way of doing multi drop deliveries.

Put in, say, fifteen waypoints, and have the app calculate the optimal route between all of them.

Particularly useful for Challenge 2023. 👍

8 hours ago, Shepherd said:

I had to travel from near Southend to Donnington a few weekends ago, and wanted a simple app that I could put in start and finish points. I wanted to put in places to go through on the way (way points?), but without having to stop and acknowledge that I'd been through. I just wanted to 'see' them, not visit them.

Google maps couldn't do it, Waze couldn't do it and lots of others needed me to have a pc and transfer to my mobile etc.

If you can make it as simple to change the route as google maps pc version does, once start point and destination are input, it'd be a winner for me.

MyRoute app does this. 

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2023 at 14:12, fullscreenaging said:

Personally I think you’re going to be hard pushed to beat anything that MyRoute-app hasn’t done/thought of already. This is best route planning app I’ve used, ever. 

Yup. I'm with you there. It's not perfect, but it's least imperfect I've come across.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2023 at 22:58, Shepherd said:

As @fullscreenaging raging says MyRoute App does this already 

• Like 2

One thing that narks me is that Google maps assumes that because a single track road is designated as national speed limit you can do 60mph, when it is blatantly impossible due to the mud & grass growing in the middle of the road, very sharp bends & having to squeeze past anything coming the other way. Don’t know if other apps accommodate that or not.

On 27/06/2023 at 07:51, fullscreenaging said:

MyRoute app does this. 

On 02/07/2023 at 21:49, Stu said:

As @fullscreenaging raging says MyRoute App does this already 

Thank you both.

I'll give MyRoute App a go on my next day's off. Is it a free to use app, or have a free trial? Play store not letting me sign in ...

I think you can use a free toned down version.

I was an early adopter years back and I got full gold membership for life for about £60. I got lucky really. Not sure what the subscription is now but I think they do tiers. 

It’s not just the app though. They do blogs and there are tonnes of instructions. They do webinars. They have real people supplying routes. You can share routes with friends and make routes public. Which means if you’re going somewhere you can look in that area and see if someone has already put up a great route and just use that. You can also tweak that route for yourself. It saves loads of time There’s all sorts on there. 

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

Great to see a nice discussion going on. Sorry I'm replying this late, I didn't get any mails to inform me of replies. 

Anyways our app is called Navinav, we really tried to focus on the basics so to say. 

So dropping in your waypoints on the map or using the searchbar with the least clicks as possible.

And then having turn-by-turn navigation with large buttons, which can be used with touch screen gloves. 
It can be downloaded here https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/navinav-motorcycle-gps/id1597236910
And I'd be really interested in your feedback.
It should give you automatically give you 3 trips of free use.  1 trip is basically a full day of use. 
If you need more to test, please let me know.