What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

23 minutes ago, curlylegend said:

Today, a 300km run along the levees of the Loire.  I'm trying to cross every bridge over the Loire, even the ferries count. A bit like Munro bagging I suppose, but I got fed up with the midgies and the rain at that caper.  This is much better.  

This is the Loire at Anger. You can see just how high it is.  Obviously Climate Catastrophie ! 

DSC01441.thumb.JPG.3c19ef41f3cbe5b97349c6b5b14aafef.JPG

A rather elegant wee But 'n Ben on the riverside .

DSC01443.thumb.JPG.c6fa34c83480c489133b375d8d935b69.JPG

I'l bet they're hoping that there's no more rain !

DSC01442.thumb.JPG.fbdb4c68a6f09ab1a4a660253bef751d.JPG

My trusty old Yamaha TDM 850, now officially a " Moto de Collection"  and exempt from any ULEZ crap....at least here ?

DSC01445.thumb.JPG.8243205a32ee96b2e0756580464b5b07.JPG

Sounds like a cracking day out. 

Love the idea of crossing every bridge. 

Is it hot in the Loire valley at the moment? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Sounds like a cracking day out. 

Love the idea of crossing every bridge. 

Is it hot in the Loire valley at the moment? 

Not really, had a rather cool and wet spring. Hence the rivers are all very full.  Just now, temperature's heading for high 20's but very comfortable. Despite Greta the Goblin's hysterical threats, it's not going to be a rerun of "The Day the Earth Caught Fire " !

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, curlylegend said:

Not really, had a rather cool and wet spring. Hence the rivers are all very full.  Just now, temperature's heading for high 20's but very comfortable. Despite Greta the Goblin's hysterical threats, it's not going to be a rerun of "The Day the Earth Caught Fire " !

What!? You don't believe the Blessed St. Greta? How could you be so cruel.

Oh wait. I also think she's a demented little witch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, curlylegend said:

Today, a 300km run along the levees of the Loire.  I'm trying to cross every bridge over the Loire, even the ferries count. A bit like Munro bagging I suppose, but I got fed up with the midgies and the rain at that caper.  This is much better.  

This is the Loire at Anger. You can see just how high it is.  Obviously Climate Catastrophie ! 

My trusty old Yamaha TDM 850, now officially a " Moto de Collection"  and exempt from any ULEZ crap....at least here ?

I once rode my CBR600 to Angers just to get a picture under a sign that said Welcome to Angers, twinned with Wigan 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 24/06/2024 at 22:06, curlylegend said:

Did my Munro bagging in winter … some epic days … and no midges … took me 3 winters with RAF Leuchars Mountain Rescue Team …

• Like 2

I had a little jaunt up past Kielder and return home via Hermitage Castle and Langholm Moor. Some interesting roads and some “interesting” roads ridden with fine views pretty well throughout. 

Note. Finding an open tea room or coffee stop around Kielder was a challenge. The only available stop was a burger van type outlet by the castle.

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

I had a little jaunt up past Kielder and return home via Hermitage Castle and Langholm Moor. Some interesting roads and some “interesting” roads ridden with fine views pretty well throughout. 

Note. Finding an open tea room or coffee stop around Kielder was a challenge. The only available stop was a burger van type outlet by the castle.

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

There used to be a visitor centre near the lake which did decent coffee. Was it shut? There's never been anything at Hermitage or much down Liddesdale until you get to Canonbie.

51 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

There used to be a visitor centre near the lake which did decent coffee. Was it shut? There's never been anything at Hermitage or much down Liddesdale until you get to Canonbie.

I first went to Falstone, looking for an out of the way tea room - closed on Wednesdays. Then the visitor centre, which was also closed.

Having had a cuppa at Kielder Castle I intended to stop in Newcastleton but gave it a miss as it’s less than 20 miles home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

I do like it when the zumo just says “road” - it can turn out, occasionally, to be quite exciting especially when we have different ideas on what actually constitutes a road.

Yup.

I quite enjoy ambling around the single track roads such as those past Hermitage Castle or over Langholm Moor. The road past our house appears as “road” on the Garmin yet is wide enough for two vehicles to pass. 

Rode it north but God I hate motorways. Endless roadworks with average speed 50 for mile upon mile. Variable speed limit motorways with cameras every 3 miles or so and absolutely dense traffic with effing idiots in lanes 2 and 3 going 50 - 60 mph or in the 2 lane sections trucks trying to overtake at what seems like a metre per mile. Then there's the filtering for when everything goes stationary or nearly so and the knobs who try and squeeze you out. 5 hours riding and 2 x 30 min stops to recover slightly. Get to do it allagain on Sunday when I come south but going down the west side as I'm totally hacked off with the A1M etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3