Having got a classic honda cb400nc with side grab rails, but no rack as the only one that's available and fits looks like I'm carrying a load of scaffolding, I'm limited to what luggage I can carry, I have seen the  oxford aqua t30/t50/t70ltr roll bags and wondered if anyone has any experience with these, does it strap on well, or do I need extra straps? If anyone has any other options for my bike, your views would be appreciated,  thanks

I've got a roll bag. Can't remember the size off the top of my head but I think it's the 30 ltr one. Works well enough but I always put extra ties on.

+1 for Lomo stuff excellent value and good performance.

Also I seem to remember back in the day a lot of people used soft panniers on the superdream Hondas and the Oxford ones available seem great.

I have a pair you could try if you are ever down this way save buying and regretting.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Yorky, very impressed with the lomo bags, like the fluro ones, so I'm seem from behind, good to know the rok straps are worth it, appreciate you taking time to post

Roc straps are really good. Fairly versatile and won't damage the bike. Won't ping into your eye either.

As for bags, the classy option is Kriega. I've never had one, but everyone I know says they're worth the price. For my part, I'd also recommend Lomo bags. Less pretty than Kriega, but rock-solid waterproof and will last for two or three geological periods.

• Like 1

Thanks Bonio, good to have options, I like to buy once, so don't mind investing in good products, the roc straps seem to be the overwhelming favourite for straps, really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience 

• Like 1

Ortlieb are the originals and Lomo are effectively copies, though significantly cheaper which is the primary reason they are so popular. But when you put them side by side there really is no comparison.

Thanks gerontious and SW, both very helpful, I would go for a backpack but I've got the turtle airbag vest and that's bulky enough, so roll bag seems the way to go, although I am looking at the soft panniers from Oxford that Ian mentioned too, it's great to have so many options for my classic bike, not looking to carry much so I think 30ltr should do me for roll bag then maybe add panniers when I get brave enough to go further afield

Thanks Nick, helps so much to buy with confidence when others share their experiences,  seems well worth the money giving me peace of mind, appreciate you taking time to share your views

Expensive, but i thoroughly recommend the Lone Rider Overlander Bags. Your front wheel will fall off before these bags will.

Thanks MB, agree Kriega looks brilliant and great designs, definitely rok straps, I'm due a good anniversary present soon, so just got to choose and leave picture in convenient place!! Appreciate you sharing your thoughts