Do you buy tyres yourself or ask your local?

peepae

19 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

I follow Kimono racing on YouTube (they're awesome) and this is how they do it...

Girls changing motorcycle tyres.  What an excellent idea. I shall inform Mrs. Fiddlesticks forthwith.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I change tyres either at a service, so use the dealer, or when I get a puncture, so wherever I get taken to that can provide and fit a new tyre.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Apropos of nothing, look what showed up today...

IMG_20240521_203446.thumb.jpg.0bdd7fe13997fd4e591efdad964f7976.jpg

Yeah I got one of those the other day too 

Although for the front :lol: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Mmmmmmm fresh rubber.

150-70? certainly not the most common, whats it going on?

my F800GS same size - biggest issue was finding an inner tube

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

Mmmmmmm fresh rubber.

150-70? certainly not the most common, whats it going on?

Gen 1. Tiger Explorer 1200 . I might do a little vid/write-up - amateur guide to fitting your own tyres.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Gen 1. Tiger Explorer 1200 . I might do a little vid/write-up - amateur guide to fitting your own tyres.

I'd be interested in that if you did. Please give it some thought ... and make it idiot friendly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had mine done last time at biketyres Leeds in Scholes. 

I have bought mine online before and having them fitted locally but they always whinge and moan so didn't bother this time. 

Also on Road 6s now. 😁

• Like 2

How much does the load rating matter? And is this divided between the front and back? 

I bought front 909021 with load rating 54, but that's less than the weight of the bike but they don't make any higher ones?

26 minutes ago, peepae said:

How much does the load rating matter? And is this divided between the front and back? 

I bought front 909021 with load rating 54, but that's less than the weight of the bike but they don't make any higher ones?

I assume it is split front/back, but not equally.  For the F800GS you have 54 front & 69 back which corresponds to 212kg & 325kg which combined is more than the permitted total weight of the bike+rider+pillion+luggage.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

I assume it is split front/back, but not equally.  For the F800GS you have 54 front & 69 back which corresponds to 212kg & 325kg which combined is more than the permitted total weight of the bike+rider+pillion+luggage.

That's what I was thinking - thx 

Realised I bought a speed rating S one too so can only go up to 112 mph... on my front.. at 113 MPH, I'll just start wheelie-ng instead

On 21/05/2024 at 22:23, Shepherd said:

I'd be interested in that if you did. Please give it some thought ... and make it idiot friendly!

Here we go...

• Like 2

Great video - thank you!

(Now I know I'm definitely not doing my own 🫣)

Nice bike BTW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I get chance I will have to do a video of how I change mine 

Without the stupid levers that damage your rims though 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After spending £120 to get my white RGV rims powder coated, thought it was prudent to spend another £20 at a local Indy getting the tyres refitted.

• Like 5

I’m a technof*ckwit so ride in ride out and cough up the price. I wouldn’t trust any tyre fitting I did, and the likelihood of me cocking up and damaging the tyre pressure sensors is a risk I’m not prepared to take. 

• Like 4

All this makes me doubt if it's worth giving myself all the hassle to fit the internal TMPS for both shadow and pan or just take the wheels to the local guy I trust even if it cost me about £10 each. 🤔🤔🤔

It's that I don't think I can be bothered...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I’m a technof*ckwit so ride in ride out and cough up the price. I wouldn’t trust any tyre fitting I did, and the likelihood of me cocking up and damaging the tyre pressure sensors is a risk I’m not prepared to take. 

You gazed into my inner self and wrote what you saw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Ditto. 

• Like 4