F**k It

Guest noob_biker

:x :x :x

Spent all day yesterday working on this pricing document I have to do for this building we may be using as a temporary office.

Came in to work this morning to find it missing. It was not in the folder I had saved it in. Checked my recent files, nothing. Checked temporary files for the autosaves, nothing. Its gone. Vanished without a trace. A days work lost. I also noticed that about ten of the photos I had taken of the building were missing, again without a trace, fortunately I have them saved on my laptop as well.

I had started it a few days previously just noting down a few details in the spreadsheet, but not put in any measurements or anything so I started again using that (I had started it at home so just forwarded it again from my personal emails).

Worked on it all morning and was about half way through re doing everything I had lost. Come lunch time I hit save, locked my PC (leaving the spreadsheet open), went out and got some lunch. Came back, unlocked my pc and looked at my spreadsheet only to be faced with exactly what I had re started with that morning. Everything I had re done, gone. Again checked the autosaves and recent docs and they were the same.

1.5days worth of work gone without a trace on something that needs done 'yesterday'. F*ck it.

:evil:

Getting irate over a few things lately. A little back history, my friends today and my old friend groups from high school think I am too nice, I let people get away too much. And they also think that has changed.

So in the last couple of months I have had people I had forgotten about in a college I went to in London contact me to poke some fun. They heard some things and thought it was all still going on. I have already forgotten why I was nice to these people...

I get a letter that was oddly timed I suspected it was testing the water somewhat from someone i never want to talk to again. As While they know my work address and my last known address which a friend forwards me things I am angry they sent it to my parents house to receive. They have contacted my parents before in what me and my parents see as them most inappropriate thing to do possible.

Solution? Well reasoning just feeds the fire, ignoring hasnt worked. So I had to resort to being low.

I just used people I know go running back to tell on me when I say something bad. I ragged on them, and sure enough ive been blocked, and left alone by all.

I was doing fine, I stopped caring about all the damage reaped. Just leave me alone

f**k it

Where is the 'smilie' for cuddle when you need it?

This will have to do Fozzie: :3some:

Just get out on t'bike and all your troubles will seem meaningless.

Chin up and enjoy your real friends (and fellow MTBF bikers).

:cheers:

Have been out on the bike and making friends, only looking forward and not back :)

Trained up two girls on 125s and now they're going in for their test soon. They grow up so fast :lol:

But on the other hand one is my girlfriend who has enough money to buy whatever bike she pleases... This means I will be slogging around on a 600 while she could have a Ducati if she wanted :evil:

Damn!

Life should see steady improvement, I'm kitting out my garage this weekend and I'm getting 2 project bikes tonight. Happy days!

back in 2010 i missed most of the riding season due to tearing the cartledge in my rleft knee and not being able to bend my leg. this was finally operated on in 2011 and i have been slowly returning to full fitness since. running in the gym etc

guess f**king what... ive now torn the cartledge in my right knee and need another operation. f**ked Off doesnt even come close to covering it! :evil: :evil: :evil:

surgeon recons i'll be operated on by early june so at least i'll have a bendable knee for the summer trip around europe, all though i suspect, i'll be eating pain meds like smarties.

I really empathise, except I partially ruptured my ligament too but thankfully nothing wrong with my other knee too like you. REALLY feel for you, and such bad timing. How did you tear cartilage? General wear and tear or did you do have a fall? Cant actually believe how fecking long you have to wait to have an arthroscopy when in pain every day. I was dragging my leg around for 5 months before my MRI and another month before my op. It's really shitty. Does yours swell up lots too?

I worked out that if I'd just paid to have a private arthroscopy I'd have ended up spending less on the surgery than I lost in wages too...might be something to consider if you have to have some time off work.

You on crutches or just hobbling lots?

f**king hastings policy has come through and they have the wrong address for overnight garage (f**k knows how as I filled it in via the comparison site right and all the other insurers had it fine, but to be fair hastings f**ked up loads of details and I had to ring them in the end to confirm details of the bike) - its at my mums as I dont have a garage

Anyway, after 3 attempts to get through, then 20 minutes at f**king national rate, oh, we cant insure you, because your mum is more than 5 miles from your home (dont get why thats important if its more than 150 metres I wouldnt know if the bike was being stolen) Nice one, dickheads. They wanted 200 odd quid to leave on the road at my house so told them where to shove that

Back to the drawing board then, best not ride until its sorted. Grrr

EDIT - OMFG just checked google its not 5 miles to drive it, so even less as the crow flies, someone at hastings is about to get a f**king right load of shit off me

Bike Lock Broken. RAC came to pick up my bike. Did not have a van capabale so outsourced to another firm. Bloke turns up and says he hates bikes. Asks me to wheel it up the ramp...........And I drop it. f**k IT.

35tqkj.jpg.cc4f57d061f94bb8c14fcbeed9859f03.jpg

Bike Lock Broken. RAC came to pick up my bike. Did not have a van capabale so outsourced to another firm. Bloke turns up and says he hates bikes. Asks me to wheel it up the ramp...........And I drop it. f**k IT.

surely its not your job to wheel it up into the van its his job i would check it out to see if any damage caused to the bike is the drivers fault for making you load the bike up because he 'hates' them.after all would he expect t he owner/driver of a type of car he hated load it up onto a transporter via whinch or driving it up themselves?

surely its not your job to wheel it up into the van its his job i would check it out to see if any damage caused to the bike is the drivers fault for making you load the bike up because he 'hates' them.after all would he expect t he owner/driver of a type of car he hated load it up onto a transporter via whinch or driving it up themselves?

youre probably not insured to push it up the ramp!! thats his job..

If the bike had fallen on you....... you would have been quids in!! 8-)

:x :x :x

Spent all day yesterday working on this pricing document I have to do for this building we may be using as a temporary office.

Came in to work this morning to find it missing. It was not in the folder I had saved it in. Checked my recent files, nothing. Checked temporary files for the autosaves, nothing. Its gone. Vanished without a trace. A days work lost. I also noticed that about ten of the photos I had taken of the building were missing, again without a trace, fortunately I have them saved on my laptop as well.

I had started it a few days previously just noting down a few details in the spreadsheet, but not put in any measurements or anything so I started again using that (I had started it at home so just forwarded it again from my personal emails).

Worked on it all morning and was about half way through re doing everything I had lost. Come lunch time I hit save, locked my PC (leaving the spreadsheet open), went out and got some lunch. Came back, unlocked my pc and looked at my spreadsheet only to be faced with exactly what I had re started with that morning. Everything I had re done, gone. Again checked the autosaves and recent docs and they were the same.

1.5days worth of work gone without a trace on something that needs done 'yesterday'. F*ck it.

Have a like from me to try and make up for that :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...

Stripped the front of the vtr down, to find out why it was a bit twisted, hoping for best case scenario, had a new bottom yoke ready, typically the whole thing is Fxxxxd and has been in a crash, both forks are bent and then straightened in an obvious attempt to cover it up.

Bike is rideable, and the bars are even straight now as the old yoke was bent, but I hate when a bike is not right, and it will bug me. Plus cant afford new stanchions as the cheap car I just bought 'off a mate' turns out to be a total shitbag, just spent £150 on parts today to rectify the lack of servicing. It took 3lt of oil yesterday just to get the oil level to reach the bottom of the dipstick!

BAAAH

Any redress on the seller of the VTR?.....was it an eBay sale? If no redress....will the front end off another bike fit? That's all bad news Matty....hope you get it sorted OK mate...... :)

Was ebay sale, auction though, not buy it now so less protection. I paid cash when I collected and couldn't see the damage when I looked it over at his house, obviously as soon as I got on it to ride it home I could tell the handlebars were not quite straight, but I think if you use ebay to bid on a vehicle, you don't turn up and start kicking tyres to haggle.

However, the description says it is all ok and makes no mention of any damage, so I don't think he has described it right. I have emailed him to say I am not happy and will see what he says. if I get the money to buy a pair of stanchions I will be happy as there is no other damage, it has not been crashed at high speed or anything, it looks like it has just punted something. No damage to the frame where the bearings sit or anything which is apparently where they go in a big crash.

If I get no joy, I will be taking it to ebay to see what they say.

Yeah....if the seller has misrepresented the item then you are well within your rights to demand a refund and make him come to you to pick the bike up.......but obviously that's your call........otherwise see if he'll cough up for the repairs if you're still happy with the bike and new stanchions will sort it.....but even if it's an auction you still have protection...... :)

I am going to give him the weekend to see if he comes back to me with anything, The bike is not wrecked and has not been wrecked. It's just that the repairs are going to make this bike knock on the door of the same price as one of the mint ones out there, and as it has been resprayed at some point, it is not worth that money!

How many owners has it had Matty.......he may not have even been aware of the damage himself if it was done before he got it.....but even so he's gotta accept some responsibility for advertising it accurately..... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....I finally did it.......put unleaded into the car instead of Diesel......was on autopilot.....DOH.... :oops:

Guys here now draining the tank......hopefully it's not stuffed the engine.......car's not 2 months old yet.....Oooopppppsss.... :shock:

Well.....I finally did it.......put unleaded into the car instead of Diesel......was on autopilot.....DOH.... :oops:

Guys here now draining the tank......hopefully it's not stuffed the engine.......car's not 2 months old yet.....Oooopppppsss.... :shock:

It'll need nothing more than draining and refilling. I did it twice in a few weeks in my Citroen. First time I paid through the nose for a "speciailist" to steal my petrol. Second time I did it myself and reused the petrol in my bikes.

If it's diesel into a petrol engine it gets a little more tricky though...

OH NOES!!! You need a sticker on your car like bikes seem to have .. saying "does this look cool or fun? No -so it's diesel!" :mrgreen:

OH NOES!!! You need a sticker on your car like bikes seem to have .. saying "does this look cool or fun? No -so it's diesel!" :mrgreen:

Yeah....the car is just another tool I use for work..... :wink:

Anyway...all sorted now.......but the filler cap does have "DIESEL" written in bold yellow letters on it......but you only notice that if you look at it...... :wink: