Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I know I sound like an old man shouting at the clouds but at least years ago indicators were actually visible to road users. 

Can barely see so many of them now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I know I sound like an old man shouting at the clouds but at least years ago indicators were actually visible to road users. 

Can barely see so many of them now 

How many drivers even bother to use the bloody things? 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 22:48, onesea said:

Me or the guy in the outside lane for several miles down the motorway.

He was determined to sit there at 65mph, with an empty second lane. I would of liked to pass.  Unable to before my junction, I pulled into the middle lane.

He signalled in to the middle lane but could not, he had slowed sightly and I was inside him. 

Eventually he decided to change lane so I used horn to indicate my presence. He tried again and the third time I pulled into inside lane as it was now clear of traffic.

Turned out he wanted to leave at the same junction as me, it was so tempting to hold him in second lane till it was to late.

The look of desperation before I blipped the throttle to let him in behind was quite exquisite.  It would have been some detour in rush hour if he had missed his junction.

Sometimes wish I could stick one of these on these people’s windscreens.I

DFAAA9BD-E9F9-45DF-95FB-B0B32243AD63.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have to nominate myself, last night with another 10 hour shift and no break.

I put my gear on gloves etc, rode out of work. 

Got to the garage, before going to the shop I checked for my phone.

No phone, you know how it's in the back of your head the last time you saw it was on the back of the bike. 

So slow ride back to the work, looking for signs of it.  

A car comes racing the other way, 40mph road and I suspect quicker.

In his rear lights I saw a flicker and a bounce.  A quick U turn and there it was on the road, having just been driven over.

Just fitted a new screen saver and I can honestly say there is not a scratch on the phone.

Nokia can still make bricks.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The idiotic moron sending me information about a job.

I replied saying I would be interested in knowing more about it.

Got an email back asking when would be a good time to call me.

Never heard from that tw@t again...

Not a good idea winding up candidates when the market conditions mean I can pick the job I want.

• 2 weeks later...

Some (I'm guessing drunk) guy tried to make trouble as I walked into town last night to pick up a couple of bits. 

Walking towards each other. About 50 yards away he zig zags, and then makes a very sudden change of direction to go head on at me, and I carry on walking kerb side as I didn't know if it was intentional or a drunk stagger. It was only the last second where I cottoned on, and thought he was going to shoulder barge me. I didn't really have time to decide what to do, but he in the last step moved and only skimmed me. I went back to thinking he was drunk, then I hear shouting and take a headphone out and turn. 

He was standing in the middle of the road, blocking cars, yelling something at me. I couldn't really make him out, but something to do with armed forces, something about respect. After a few seconds I just turned and got back on course. Was either drunk, or very broken, possibly both. 

A minute later I see a PCSO so I collar him down, it's about half 9 at night and you do get some late workers going home at that time from the city centre, who would be easy targets of guys like that. He wasn't very interested, but said he'd radio it in. I took from that he'd not do much and carried on, hopefully the drunk doesn't get any ideas with anyone else, it's school holiday season and lots of young lads and girls walking around alone at night at this time of year. 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2023 at 09:12, onesea said:

Screenshot_20230730-0708502.thumb.png.884b16c60a048289ad1ed1aca17b6733.png

@S-Westerly if it makes you feel any better,  I saw a couple that had bought a boat and made compulsory YouTube channel. They had got 1/2 way round the country having bought there boat to circumnavigate the UK.

They where getting random red oil drips in the engine compartment.

Finally whilst “watching a Random YouTube video”. They had a shock revelation and learned they had a gear box 😵‍💫.  

Not only that they suggested all yachtsmen check their boat for there’s, advising they needed ATF fluid which is red 😱 and the dipstick needs and 18mm spanner.

However they checked the dip stick and found it on level.  Stating it had just been over full, so will be fine.

5 hours ago, onesea said:

@S-Westerly if it makes you feel any better,  I saw a couple that had bought a boat and made compulsory YouTube channel. They had got 1/2 way round the country having bought there boat to circumnavigate the UK.

They where getting random red oil drips in the engine compartment.

Finally whilst “watching a Random YouTube video”. They had a shock revelation and learned they had a gear box 😵‍💫.  

Not only that they suggested all yachtsmen check their boat for there’s, advising they needed ATF fluid which is red 😱 and the dipstick needs and 18mm spanner.

However they checked the dip stick and found it on level.  Stating it had just been over full, so will be fine.

Nothing like YouTube to make you an instant expert. 

• Haha 2

I am going to take today:

You know when your filtering to fast when Google is shouting in your headset slow down! Jam ahead!!!

You can see the Jam is not ahead and the gap is just wide enough and your still going.

Commute today consisted of:

4 stops to photograph ponies, multiple head on's with pikey's racing traps in the road (actually confused them by keeping going at them,

4 caravans 2 motorhomes,

2 coaches

A New Forest tour bus,

15 miles 50 minutes, going home unless they choose a road roll a caravan or lorry it should be 20 minutes.

Edited by onesea
  • Sad 2

The Italian immigration authorities in South East Sicily. I've got 3 guys I'm trying to get relieved but these bureaucratic fuckwits are closed from midday Saturday until Wednesday morning apart from 4 hours on a Monday when they deign to actually open. However they will only clear 6 people in that time so that's 3 relatively large ports where 6 men can get off. Total bullshit. I like Italy generally but their bureaucracy is more 3rd world than the 3rd world!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me, according to the guy in the BMW who was trying to overtake me up the inside as I was indicating and looking to move left to exit the M6 into Knutsford services on the southbound side.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Me, according to the guy in the BMW who was trying to overtake me up the inside as I was indicating and looking to move left to exit the M6 into Knutsford services on the southbound side.

Junction 20 and 19 are real hotspots for accidents, and it's because of muppets like that who treat it like a game of frogger. I live nearby it, and whenever I travel for work I try my best to be clear of that area before the rush starts because of the quality of driving. 

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Junction 20 and 19 are real hotspots for accidents, and it's because of muppets like that who treat it like a game of frogger. I live nearby it, and whenever I travel for work I try my best to be clear of that area before the rush starts because of the quality of driving. 

It’s an appalling design decision to put the services half a mile from the on slip road. It’s just at the point where I quite fancy a cuppa when on route to visit my mum. 

My IT department in Mumbai.  While trying to fix a problem remotely (failed) they managed to screw up my communications system so I had nothing at all for 12 hours. Useless effing IT squirrels shouldn't be allowed near anything more complicated than a jigsaw.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

My IT department in Mumbai.  While trying to fix a problem remotely (failed) they managed to screw up my communications system so I had nothing at all for 12 hours. Useless effing IT squirrels shouldn't be allowed near anything more complicated than a jigsaw.

Ah, yes, our “offshore friends”. I once had to pop back to work at midnight to check on progress on a software rollout. It should have been a simple matter of following the script… at 3am I told them to unwind any damage they’d done, and then sent an email out to the sponsors … 

Of course, it was the messenger who got shot.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Ah, yes, our “offshore friends”. I once had to pop back to work at midnight to check on progress on a software rollout. It should have been a simple matter of following the script… at 3am I told them to unwind any damage they’d done, and then sent an email out to the sponsors … 

Of course, it was the messenger who got shot.

To be fair our Clydebank based mob aren't much better. They too have a track record best described as abysmal.

The trouble with our IT gnomes is that they focus only on whatever task they've been given and completely ignore the communications side when they remotely dive in and look me out of my comms. But that's the most essential issue. If we can't send / receive timely emails we can fail to get fixed for a lucrative voyage which can quite literally cost millions. There's always another one but when the market is volatile fixing a cargo today can be twice as profitable as one tomorrow. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

A very obviously stolen Honda CBF500 in black, with two teenagers on board, racing down streets wearing all black and balaclavas. Raced the wrong way through a set of lights, barely seconds after kids had been crossing, and it was on the other side of a small hill crest, so they didn't see them. It was just luck. 

I feel like wearing a balaclava in the street got you pinched by the police not even 10 years ago? I don't even know if I want the police to do anything about them, as whenever one of these louts gets killed running from police, the "community" calls the police murderers, and the boys "little darlings that were just having a bit of fun". I now ride around a bit to make sure I'm not followed when I come home, not that it will do much good, as it will be bike jackings next. 

• Like 4

#1.  The daft bint who decided to attempt some at speed undertaking on the M6 this morning, with a view to inserting her stupid white mini into my safety gap ahead.

#2.  The silly sod riding the bike who decided not to give way to a white mini flying up his left side, instead taking great delight in ensuring she was blocked behind a lorry in the middle lane for the next mile or so.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

• Haha 5