Nob of the Day.......

Tango

... And another thing...

I managed to chuck my phone on the cobbles instead of putting it in the tank bag this morning.  Browsing Amazon for a replacement...

Samsung Galaxy A54 5G - seems like a reasonable phone.  £270 for ze German version, or one with "Triple-Kamera", or £487 for the one directly from Amazon.  They're both new.  Even for grey market imports that's a big difference.  What gives?

I think the £487 one has 256gb storage and the £270 one has 128gb after a quick look. 

Though there are loads of them being sold on there by different sellers and the prices are all over the place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I think the £487 one has 256gb storage and the £270 one has 128gb after a quick look. 

Though there are loads of them being sold on there by different sellers and the prices are all over the place.

Ahh...   Even so, might be worth a punt, cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Evri delivery guy. 

" Was unable to deliver your package or leave in a safe space " 

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 11.23.07.png

that's not my house :roll:

A name change and they are still as shit as ever :lol: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

... And another thing...

I managed to chuck my phone on the cobbles instead of putting it in the tank bag this morning.  Browsing Amazon for a replacement...

Samsung Galaxy A54 5G - seems like a reasonable phone.  £270 for ze German version, or one with "Triple-Kamera", or £487 for the one directly from Amazon.  They're both new.  Even for grey market imports that's a big difference.  What gives?

Nokia XR20 or 21 mine survived being run over. And countless drops on to hard ground,

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fender1515 said:

So last week I added an alarm disk lock to my existing disk lock, when I set off this morning how many locks did I take off, der

Oh noes. This is the one universal daft act I have yet to carry out. Just give me a bit more time.

Someone - perhaps it was @Bungleaio - recently gave me a tip: fasten the disc lock up against the fork so that the bike can't move forward if you forget it.

1 hour ago, bonio said:

Oh noes. This is the one universal daft act I have yet to carry out. Just give me a bit more time.

Someone - perhaps it was @Bungleaio - recently gave me a tip: fasten the disc lock up against the fork so that the bike can't move forward if you forget it.

This is one (of many reasons) why I don't own a disc lock.

Many years ago a friend of mine had the bright idea of using an ordinary padlock. a rather expensive (at the time) Chubb. rather than use it on the disc. he used it on the rear sprocket. a disaster waiting to happen and obviously it did. He needed a new rear sprocket and complete swing arm.

Edited by Gerontious

The parent who allowed their two children to climb across the tow hitch between my car and trailer just as I was about to move off at a junction. Fortunately I just spotted the tops of their heads in the mirror before I let the clutch up. 

If I hadn't they would have gone straight under the trailer. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The parent who allowed their two children to climb across the tow hitch between my car and trailer just as I was about to move off at a junction. Fortunately I just spotted the tops of their heads in the mirror before I let the clutch up. 

<gasp/>

On 28/09/2023 at 15:44, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I suppose Darwin would be having a laugh but why would any parent be so bloody stupid?!

I'll nominate my friend who did (tried) go around a roundabout free wheel and was surprised that she crashed halfway the roundabout when she let go of the clutch. 🙄

What a numpty...

• 3 weeks later...

Coming round a corner on nsl road in the work van to the sight of a dog running about in the middle of the road . Luckily I stopped just in time, got out, grabbed it and got it off the road. Took it to the nearby house and a woman came out.

"Is this yours?" I ask.

"It's my sister's, my fault for letting her out". 

🙄

It's getting dark and rainy this week. The amount of cars on the roads with broken lights. This week I've particularly noticed a lot of cars with ok front light but no rear lights at all so in the hammering rain at night these dark cars just appear from nowhere.

31 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

It's getting dark and rainy this week. The amount of cars on the roads with broken lights. This week I've particularly noticed a lot of cars with ok front light but no rear lights at all so in the hammering rain at night these dark cars just appear from nowhere.

Is it because more cars have drl's now? Idiots don't notice it's dark in front of them because the illuminated dashboard tells them their lights are on?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shepherd said:

Is it because more cars have drl's now? Idiots don't notice it's dark in front of them because the illuminated dashboard tells them their lights are on?

Having just got my first car with DLR's I am going to admit to doing this once or twice.  

- My DLR's are bright enough that you think you have your headlights on.

image.thumb.png.f145afbeedb6564fe8c2edae8db99e44.png- The switch for headlights is on the dash hidden behind your right arm. 

- As you rightly say your dash lights stay on all day.

So yes now I have to think to put my lights on. All the normal clues to put lights on have been taken away.

Strangely for me it is not when it's getting dark or poor visibility, then I normally remember them then.  It's when I get in the car off a night.

Thats good if the dlr are bright enough and should be left at that! cos the normal dipped beams are enough to destroy your retinas if in your direction let alone nobs that use full beam that could sos to france.

its because the manufacturers put in cheap leds especially in the rear (with no warning lights if there dead) that die very quickly but cost a fortune to replace.

12 hours ago, Shepherd said:

I think most people never check their cars. They don't check tyre pressure, oil etc so don't check rear lights are working either. 

Some could be DLR but I think most that I've seen on the motorway just have busy fuses or bulbs

6 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Thats good if the dlr are bright enough and should be left at that! cos the normal dipped beams are enough to destroy your retinas if in your direction let alone nobs that use full beam that could sos to france.

Oh no disagreement there, if I get flashed by an on coming car I turn my height adjustment wheel and drop my lights...

Motorcyclists and cyclists can be as bad, at this time of year.  Lights set to  high.  Why do cyclists think they have the right to blind on coming vehicles.

The problem frequently here with country roads, horses, cows sheep etc in the road is when dazzeled you end up driving blind.  

The other option is to stop, so as not to hit any animals.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-04-07/driver-who-struck-and-killed-pony-travelling-at-inappropriate-speed

At £1600 and a ban, you could probably get away with less for a person...

If dazzeled and have to stop I will stop in the middle of the road (Was blinded thought I saw an animal).  Make the other person stop too.

28 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My bog standard 2010 Astra has an amazing device. When it gets dark the lights turn on all by themselves. 

If they can fit that on an old Astra then why can't all cars do it?

My Disco sport does that & auto high beam / dip.