Some might call me a dick

Unseen28

Never needed mine either, you won't know it's there until you brake so hard youre locking a wheel which if youre planning to turn it off you probably shouldn't be locking wheels..

I can turn the rear off, thats just annoying. Its the front thats the pain. If i try and lift the back up with the front brake its kicking in, the abs thinks the brake has locked.

OK that's annoying. Sounds like some sort of "anti flip" system that stops you flipping the bike over forwards...

Sadly I don't have ABS

Good, it increases my stopping distance and im still running mine in. Dongle to kill abs will be ordered asap

Oh I was being sarcastic I'm not really sad I don't have it :lol:

... and I thought 'pukka abs' meant going to the gym a lot

Actual lolz :lol:

Also, your mate is a w**ker.

Pulling stunts in the middle of Greenwich, which is f**king heaving with tourists/school trips/families is so selfish and dangerous.

To be fair I think the same, I don't talk to the guy anymore but in one of the videos he crashed I always told the **** to get some mirrors!!

But I can't talk obviously, I love the ridicule from the abs line I deserved that. Honestly I have been worried that abs has ruined me for bigger bikes without it, what I found is that a 125 is better suited to london driving all day long. I see 600 and up sports constantly slamming brakes where the 125 allows me to maintain a good speed for riding like I do.

I can't argue, you guys have 10x the experience, knowledge and know the roads better. So as I said I will apologize if I wear the cap but i'm young and getting on my first 125 I do reserve this style now to A roads and carrigeways.

Let me aswell clarify that ive been driving too london for 6 years now in a big ole van and a year on my little ktm. One thing i'd like to say is that the video doesn't show what i'm thinking, planning or doing with my controls. I'm always looking at what people are doing in their cars, checking their tyres, their pace and position. I would never justify myself with it but there are many worse than me. The other day whilst i was following a gixxer and a zx10r (i always let bigger bikes in front) a 125 scooter cut us all up!

Also, your mate is a w**ker.

Pulling stunts in the middle of Greenwich, which is f**king heaving with tourists/school trips/families is so selfish and dangerous.

To be fair I think the same, I don't talk to the guy anymore but in one of the videos he crashed I always told the **** to get some mirrors!!

But I can't talk obviously, I love the ridicule from the abs line I deserved that. Honestly I have been worried that abs has ruined me for bigger bikes without it, what I found is that a 125 is better suited to london driving all day long. I see 600 and up sports constantly slamming brakes where the 125 allows me to maintain a good speed for riding like I do.

I can't argue, you guys have 10x the experience, knowledge and know the roads better. So as I said I will apologize if I wear the cap but i'm young and getting on my first 125 I do reserve this style now to A roads and carrigeways.

Let me aswell clarify that ive been driving too london for 6 years now in a big ole van and a year on my little ktm. One thing i'd like to say is that the video doesn't show what i'm thinking, planning or doing with my controls. I'm always looking at what people are doing in their cars, checking their tyres, their pace and position. I would never justify myself with it but there are many worse than me. The other day whilst i was following a gixxer and a zx10r (i always let bigger bikes in front) a 125 scooter cut us all up!

Your young ..if you can survive the next few years your be fine... be careful and good luck centurion :thumb:

Some of Met Police run Bikesafe courses that include 125's.......we'll worth the investment in time and money IMHO....... 8-)

What am I likely to learn from these courses though? A few people have said about them in this post alone, but I don't know the exact benefit.

Some of Met Police run Bikesafe courses that include 125's.......we'll worth the investment in time and money IMHO....... 8-)

What am I likely to learn from these courses though? A few people have said about them in this post alone, but I don't know the exact benefit.

A better chance of staying alive on the bike, mate........ :wink:

Haha I get this, but what exactly? I've know a few to die from mostly bike on bike. I can't see what they will provide what I don't already have an idea on. Sorry to sound ignorant, i'm interested, just want to understand what I would be going in for.

I hate to say it but I can see how much (or little) planning you are doing in the vids. There's a lot of close calls that you don't need to be getting yourself into.

I'm not saying don't push the bike at times, but time and a place. A bit less of the attitude and slowing it down when busy goes a long way to keeping yourself alive.

Then when it's quiet and away from some muppet who will walk out in front of you, you can carry a bit more pace.

Haha I get this, but what exactly? I've know a few to die from mostly bike on bike. I can't see what they will provide what I don't already have an idea on. Sorry to sound ignorant, i'm interested, just want to understand what I would be going in for.

You get free grub and a drink included

Take a look at your near miss video with cars pulling out from side roads and you needing to use your ABS to prevent an accident.

Every Single one of those situations could have been avoided with proper training.

As has already been said, you are riding on Luck and not Skill or experience. the sooner you develop some skills the better for all road users!

:3some:

Take a look at your near miss video with cars pulling out from side roads and you needing to use your ABS to prevent an accident.

Every Single one of those situations could have been avoided with proper training.

As has already been said, you are riding on Luck and not Skill or experience. the sooner you develop some skills the better for all road users!

Duely noted. But in terms of all road users... f**k cyclists! I once had a cyclist cut me up whilst filtering with a chain of about 20 bikes behind me. He sort of panicked looked behind and hit the back of a dump truck, was hysterical! This and the amount of times you see a cyclist pull deliberately infront of a bike. And anyone who rides with headphones in, i mean what's up with that?

Ima try slowing down, ive seen some points from what you guys have said, im going to keep wide as I go past side roads. I wont stop filtering because ive found that more dangerous than anything. Please do understand that these vids make up about 5% of my time on the road. I am very respectful to road users when I am not f**king them off into the blackwall tunnel walls

I am very respectful to road users when I am not f**king them off into the blackwall tunnel walls

Well it's going to be one of those people you do f*** off in that 5% of time that will probably be the literal death of you.

I have had cars swerve at me, follow me by centimeters, pull along side and literally try and force me off the road and my crime was normally jumping the queue by filtering - safely - at a set of lights. People do not realise or care that they are in a literal death machine and as a biker you are so vulnerable already so why try to piss off people just to boast to some people on the internet? Surely you arriving home to your family rather than a couple of policemen turning up at 1am should be everyones goal here.

If you are poo-pooing Bike Safe, get yourself on a track day learn how to ride at speeds in a safe environment and keep it there rather than on the roads.

I am very respectful to road users when I am not f**king them off into the blackwall tunnel walls

Well it's going to be one of those people you do f*** off in that 5% of time that will probably be the literal death of you.

I have had cars swerve at me, follow me by centimeters, pull along side and literally try and force me off the road and my crime was normally jumping the queue by filtering - safely - at a set of lights. People do not realise or care that they are in a literal death machine and as a biker you are so vulnerable already so why try to piss off people just to boast to some people on the internet? Surely you arriving home to your family rather than a couple of policemen turning up at 1am should be everyones goal here.

If you are poo-pooing Bike Safe, get yourself on a track day learn how to ride at speeds in a safe environment and keep it there rather than on the roads.

Or do an Enduro day so you can get a feel for what crashing really feels like, because it'll happen sooner or later :lol:

I want to add.....

Fairplay unseen your taking this on the chin, many have come in asked for brutal honesty lost the plot and poppa smurf has had to hit the ban button.

Look into something like bikesafe or a das course and you will be taught all the finer points. Trouble is on a cbt you may hve prior road usage but thats it a car ect and there is many differences.

Try this...... Do a journey (maybe not a commute through central london) and try not to touch your brakes, this will teach you approach speed, judgment and forward planning

I want to add.....

Fairplay unseen your taking this on the chin, many have come in asked for brutal honesty lost the plot and poppa smurf has had to hit the ban button.

Look into something like bikesafe or a das course and you will be taught all the finer points. Trouble is on a cbt you may hve prior road usage but thats it a car ect and there is many differences.

Try this...... Do a journey (maybe not a commute through central london) and try not to touch your brakes, this will teach you approach speed, judgment and forward planning

Haha well I got to where I am working wise by listening and following people with a lot more experience and knowledge than me. I can't come in against most of the opinions here, I understand a van is a big difference. Since riding I always check my mirrors more and give a large a gap as I can for bikers (it is hard changing between the two, I can't filter a van apparently haha).

I am still skeptical about an advanced course, but I will take your challenge up this weekend and let you know how I get on, I really like the idea.

Many thanks all of you for the honesty :)

Limehouse link has speed camera's. But don't know if they can capture a bike? Last time went through there was two years ago driving a coach. If the camera's are positioned to capture the rear number plate, then yes, could get a ticket? I'v seen some average speed camera's now turned to record rear number plates. Perhaps to catch bikers?