Islington Police recover stolen bike

Tiggie

Just saw this on my facebook page. Police stopped two thieves in the process of wheeling the bike away. They had used an angle grinder to cut the brake disc to remove the lock.

58373252_2277912112476980_7228991238379143168_n.jpg.2984f27b713061633b7cf67e5aa2d9c0.jpg

Desperate thieves .... Didn't think you could give them away .

Desperate indeed , that's a hidiously styled bike .🤢

The last R-Nine-T owner "flounced" off without explanation didn't she??

Has she been back ?

I thought she flounced of with a massive explanation that dragged on for days .

Desperate thieves .... Didn't think you could give them away .

Desperate indeed , that's a hidiously styled bike .🤢

hey thats somebodys pride and joy :wink:

Quite so . I guess I was having a go at the design dept of BMW trying desperately to appeal to the retro / café racer / hipster market. If someone liked that enough to buy it then good luck to them.

The last R-Nine-T owner "flounced" off without explanation didn't she??

Has she been back ?

I thought she flounced of with a massive explanation that dragged on for days .

image.jpeg.10718403917b7a6ec9c7a891e545cb55.jpeg

It makes no difference as to the style,make,type of bike, someone owns it, nobody has the right to attempt or even steal anyone else's bike or property, most people work damn hard for their possessions, if it was up to me it would be 3 strikes, 1st time cut off a finger, 2nd time cut off a hand, 3rd time feeding the fishes or the tigers :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Minor victory, they will receive a court hearing, a slap on the wrist, and still get their Jobseeker’s Allowance paid to them. Then in about 2 weeks time they will go out to steal another one. Not only is this country suffering from a lack of Police numbers, but also a lack of adequate punishment. A recipe for disaster. Bike theft numbers are through the roof atm.

I for one think they should loose any entitlements. Then be forced to work X amount of hours with all their salary going to the lad that owns the bike until they pay the full amount of the bikes worth each. I.e. if the bike is worth 8 grand they will both work till they raise 8 grand per thief and give it to the owner. Then, then they will know what its like to work so hard for something. Then after that, they can go to jail for 3 years.

If they do not show up for work, and pay the lad the money, then straight to jail for double the time of the sentence they would have got. Then in jail they would be forced to work in their as cleaners, or banana packers at the local factories. Till they raise 8 grand each. Now is that not a great lesson and outcome? The bike owner would be 16k up and thieves will learn what its like to work hard for something, whilst spending a good amount of time in jail.

But no England is like oh okay so you tried to steal a bike? Awww aren’t you a naughty boy. It is your parents fault isnt it. Awww dont worry. You can go home now 😄, and serve only 15 hours of community service where you have to pick up litter and you can complete it in a casual manner. You can even smoke and listen to music (on the ipod you stole) - heck!! You can even hide in a bush and pretend to be working. As long as you sign that sheet of paper to clarify your attendance then everything will be just fine 😊.

And to you MR bike owner do not forget to pay your taxes so this nice thief can get his Jobseeker’s Allowance okay? Thank you 😊😊😊