Harley riders make me laugh so much

newbiker90

I remember being ignored at a  bike meet in Peterborough organised by the BMF, because I was on  a 125. Didn't matter to them that I had a full licence and the bike was "improved" above the 16.5 bhp from a stock engine, and would have done over the ton if I could have bought tyres to suit

46 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

I get what you're saying here and it's very true ...... What I've never understood among some riders, is why it matters so much what other people ride?  Thats what I love about motorcycling, it's diverse and individualistic,  but as far as I'm concerned we all share one common love .... Motorbikes!  My mate who was over recently bought a BMW GS1250,  he's been biking all his life, I had a blast on it and it's an absolutely fabulous bike to ride.  The one thing he said though, since buying it, was that he noticed a lot of bikers never nod back anymore, 😄,  he has my attitude though, he says when they don't nod, he just thinks "cock" and rides on with a smile on his face 🤣

It's odd I find it's gs and multi strada riders that don't acknowledge you. Harley riders either give a very enthusiastic wave or nothing 

When you ride in France, every biker waves at you. Even the pillion (although there seems to be some worldwide silent agreement to ignore mopeds).So it was quite disappointing returning to the UK only to be blanked by the majority of passing bikers. 

3 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

When you ride in France, every biker waves at you. Even the pillion (although there seems to be some worldwide silent agreement to ignore mopeds).So it was quite disappointing returning to the UK only to be blanked by the majority of passing bikers. 

Yes shame really some even try to look away when you do it. Weekends are worst

• Like 2

3 hours ago, manxie49 said:

The one thing he said though, since buying it, was that he noticed a lot of bikers never nod back anymore,

I can relate to this! 

Oddly enough though ALL BMW riders now wave or nod at me and even talk to me local bike meets!! :lol: 

I'm trying to break the stigma by acknowledging everyone.....

.....So far its failing :lol: 

• Haha 3

I wave / nod to anyone on powered 2 wheels ( maybe a trike at a push ) 

Most recently I waved at a long line of Scooter riders who all steadfastly ignored me except 1 guy who was mid pack … reckon he would have been in the shit when they got to their destination🤣

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

It's odd I find it's gs and multi strada riders that don't acknowledge you. Harley riders either give a very enthusiastic wave or nothing 

I ride a multistrada and nod to anyone including scooterists. So I get a tad pissed off getting pigeonholed. 🙄 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I ride a multistrada and nod to anyone including scooterists. So I get a tad pissed off getting pigeonholed. 🙄 

Is pigeonhole a new expletive if so I may start using it? 🤬

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

It could be. Just having a generally shit day so easily provoked.

Well don't let no pigeon holes ruin your day. Reasonably nice day out there hopefully you can enjoy it between work and life other downers that can get in the way