What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Mike, Have you got the panniers for the HATAS or just run with a top box, & how does it fair with the box on the back at Mway speed. 

I have the full panniers it was the plus model so came with the full package. I opted for the plastic ones so I didn't need rhe metal frames so not so wide. I have to say they are well made come with dry bag inners  and no issues with the top box at high speeds which surprised me as its a bloody big top box! I don't normally carry the panniers until the weather picks up just in the event of a slide.

IMG_20210909_124442.jpg

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I have the full panniers it was the plus model so came with the full package. I opted for the plastic ones so I didn't need rhe metal frames so not so wide. I have to say they are well made come with dry bag inners  and no issues with the top box at high speeds which surprised me as its a bloody big top box! I don't normally carry the panniers until the weather picks up just in the event of a slide.

IMG_20210909_124442.jpg

What Sort of real world MPG do you get out of it. It looks like a good go anywhere machine. Is it comfortable for all day riding. 

The clutch slave cylinder was already hanging off but the banjo bolt was stuck fast. Couldn't get the thing back on the bike because the piston was sticking out. Devised a cunning plan to hold it steady while I could apply some serious pressure.

IMG_20230211_112408.thumb.jpg.ba2e8f051f2d3bcb80bffabd2a054691.jpg

This worked, surprisingly, but no amount of compressed air based persuasion would get the piston out. Left it soaking in WD40 and started on replacing the front tyre.

IMG_20230211_125634.thumb.jpg.b6bc024a9f8df638a2d26bb68c375d97.jpg

Got the wheel off, tyre came of the wheel easy enough. Balanced the wheel without the tyre and marked the heavy point. Had a bit of a brain fart and aligned the light spot on the new tyre with exactly the wrong point on the wheel - then wondered why it took 55g to balance the whole thing. Broke out the G-clamps again to re-break the bead  and pinch the tyre while I spun it 180 degrees on the rim.  Popped it back on, added valve core and cap, rechecked everything and it balanced fine.

All back together now, only thing left is to get the clutch cylinder fixed, oil in the engine and a bit on the chain.

Yesterday now. Did that rarest of things, I actually became a commuter. No rush hour traffic at 21:45 and don’t tell my insurer cause I ain’t. Rebel me. Fortunately the wildly exciting schizophrenic I’m with tonight is fast asleep and blissfully unaware. Worn out after beating up a member of staff last night. He’s far to wary of me to try that!! I don’t back down. Ever.

73B110A8-89AD-46F8-9954-FA2221A2018A.thumb.jpeg.e9d5a369ad1818d9d2bc5a042f6157e9.jpeg

Dropped it. The camber after the dropped curb at the end of my alleyway is quite steep and I need decent revs to get onto the road. Trying to avoid someone's dog shit this morning I turned sharper than normal and the bike leaned over too far and I was unable to stop it going. No damage, that I can see, just the mirror knocked back and the  auxiliary light knocked out of position. Weirdest thing though, when I tried to restart the bike it was as if the battery was flat so had to use my booster pack 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Dropped it. The camber after the dropped curb at the end of my alleyway is quite steep and I need decent revs to get onto the road. Trying to avoid someone's dog shit this morning I turned sharper than normal and the bike leaned over too far and I was unable to stop it going. No damage, that I can see, just the mirror knocked back and the  auxiliary light knocked out of position. Weirdest thing though, when I tried to restart the bike it was as if the battery was flat so had to use my booster pack 

At least no serious damage. Sounds like there may be a loose connection somewhere?

48 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Bummer 

On my Versys there is a tip over switch which means the bike will not restart till the ignition has been switched off and back on again 

Might be something like that or as fiddlesticks suggests a loose connection that took a knock 

Bought a used Scottoiler off ebay and fitted that to the Kwak 250.

The kit wasn't complete and had to swipe the ally bracket and injector tube that point at the chain from the R1, its not going anywhere for a while. There is a convenient vacuum adaptor on the LH throttle body, had to find a suitably sized rubber elbow in the garage, the one supplied was the wrong diameter. Fired it up and set the flow rate, will see after riding to work tomorrow if its somewhere near.

What I bought came with a high capacity reservoir that sits behind the number plate, I'm not using it, so any use to anyone on here before I stick it back on ebay? It's on the for sale section.

20230219_142504.JPEG

20230219_142759.JPEG

• Like 1

Went for a ride on the MT07 to the Local Yamaha/Suzuki dealers, been looking for a replacement bike. I am fighting the urge not to buy another adventure style bike. Looked at the Suzuki GT, nice sports tourer and a likely option, then saw the new Busa (sadly out of my price range). The Yam GT9 is another option, then I saw an Honda NT1100DCT with Luggage, great bike but too Dullville. Now sat here thinking a ride to BMW Dealer next week to see what they have, gawd help me in there, but the local Suzuki near me is also the New North West KTM dealer, opening in a few weeks. The search continues.  

driving black and white GIF by Epitaph Records

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

Just taken the Tiger for an MoT! .. It Failed! :(

Rear wheel corroded! Now looking for a replacement or rebuild!

May be an image of bicycle

Has that had some form of puncture slime in it? That can wreck rims. But since it's a spoked wheel I'd guess not. 

36 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Has that had some form of puncture slime in it? That can wreck rims. But since it's a spoked wheel I'd guess not. 

It has but it appears to be a common problem with Tigers! .. Alloy rims and steel spokes + a bit of salt off the road seem to have caused some galvanic corrosion!

Washed the Kawasaki today; checked the oil level, brake fluid, coolant all ok; tyre pressures front 28psi, rear 11psi, cr@p...

Found this in the tyre.

On a positive note, the bike is running well,done 800 miles on it , last tankful returned 78mpg.

20230226_123953.JPEG

20230226_130458.JPEG

After a couple of long headache weeks I took a nice little trip out. 5 hours, in which it rained, snowed, rained again then sunshine. Bloody cold though, even with heated grips I still had to swap to winter gloves 😂

• Like 1

Fitted the centre stand today

The springs on this thing are pretty powerful! so much so that I ended up making a tool to fit the springs to make life easy 

image.jpeg

I also polished up my black widow downpipes and refitted them today 

I then found half a clip on the floor! it had broken off the left foot peg pin! luckily I had a clip to fit 

image.jpeg

I then found the other half of the clip when I moved the bike 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I finally got around to removing the end can to clean all the tar spatter off it. I’ve never encountered a bike that has so much tar spatter thrown up at (by the rear tyre?). 

So good to see it nice and shiny (until the next warm day?).

Finally got around to cutting the overly long studs down on the front indicator mounts.  They offended my OCD sensibilities everytime I looked at them.  They practically waved at me.

Now they are cut short and have acorn nuts fitted.  Ruffled feathers smoothed.

No restoration is ever quite finished, always something that could be better.  As the larger stuff is completed, the details get finer and finer.

Those long indicator studs really got on my nerves.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Decided that I should give the bike a wash today as I didn't from the last time I was out and all this salt is not good! 

But took it for a ride first :lol: 

Bit nippy but nice and dry and a good ride 

• Like 2