Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning!

Back from the Isle of Wight, where I've been for a week. Ended up doing a bit of work, but it gave me a break from babysitting my girlfriends niece and nephew. Back to the grind now though! Least I don't have any e-mails to catch up on.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 17:17, Bender said:

I'm fooked 😂 6day week and today's relaxing involved splitting a very large pile of wood, moving our big log store because the wife doesn't like walking across grass in the winter 🤔. Then filling log store with three dumpy bags of freshly delivered logs.

Roll on Monday, maybe 7day week is best way to go.

If you've finished yours can you come and help me? :lol:

20231009_100007.jpg

• Like 2

Good evening,

Anyone on here able to recommend a decent engine paint? I usually use a high temp enamel, but it's never clear if you need to use a lacquer with it. Some boast that you don't need to, but I've seen them change colour with just a bit of aging. So could do with some tips?

I’ve been told by the hospital to keep a splint on my hand, to immobilise my thumb, for four weeks . No riding the bike, so the already long overdue service and MoT have been rescheduled. The bike is now SORNed until December when I should be allowed back in the saddle.

IMG_5676.jpeg

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I’ve been told by the hospital to keep a splint on my hand, to immobilise my thumb, for four weeks . No riding the bike, so the already long overdue service and MoT have been rescheduled. The bike is now SORNed until December when I should be allowed back in the saddle.

IMG_5676.jpeg

I suppose a positive is I don't expect you can do much DIY. Least ways it would be for me but I'm not renovating a Cumbrian farm house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I suppose a positive is I don't expect you can do much DIY. Least ways it would be for me but I'm not renovating a Cumbrian farm house.

One upside is not being able to wash up. 🙏 

We were aiming to get the current sub-project finish for Christmas when the house gets invaded by grandchildren, so a bit of pain. Also, my son is booked to compete at a judo competition and he likes me to be his uke / warm up partner. That isn’t happening. 

• Sad 1

Good evening. Today has been a good day. Completed installing the last of the laminate flooring. I hope never to need to lay laminate flooring again.

Now on to the fun of architraves, skirting (wobbly walls) and thresholds. 

EDIT: taking the weekend off with a trip to the University of East London to support my son and friends who are competing in the British Masters event. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 3