Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

4 minutes ago, bonio said:

Just got my insurance renewal letter in. How crazy is this?

20231014_081902.jpg

Who is that with?

I see they cover any other bikes owned by you on that policy, I wonder if there would be any additional charges if there were say 2 or 3 others?

Cheers

Ian

8 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Who is that with?

I see they cover any other bikes owned by you on that policy, I wonder if there would be any additional charges if there were say 2 or 3 others?

Cheers

Ian

Bennetts. For sure they'd charge extra. I run two separate policies, as I've never had a multi bike quote that comes in cheaper.

33 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

I was gonna say thats bennets, not been competitive for the wife this year for  unknown reason. They've been really strange with their business practices recently.

been a few years since bennets have had a look in for me.

Its currently pot luck with most insurance, unless apparently you own a classic car, European recovery, agreed value, right to buy back, my dad as 92yr old 2nd driver £98.00 😂

• Haha 1

Got to love my local butcher.....

I went in to ask on the off chance if he ever got any rabbit in. I've never actually had any and fancy trying some. He said he doesn't keep any in shop as there isn't enough demand. Can get me one easy enough but in his own words its expensive for what it is. £5 each.

I told him that sounds fine to me and to order me one. He said if I'd known you were happy to pay that for something that's running around freely in the fields I'd of charged you £10 :shock: :lol: 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Got to love my local butcher.....

I went in to ask on the off chance if he ever got any rabbit in. I've never actually had any and fancy trying some. He said he doesn't keep any in shop as there isn't enough demand. Can get me one easy enough but in his own words its expensive for what it is. £5 each.

I told him that sounds fine to me and to order me one. He said if I'd known you were happy to pay that for something that's running around freely in the fields I'd of charged you £10 :shock: :lol: 

Every time I've had it, I've found the meat a bit bland, same with pheasant. But some people love the "gamey" taste. I'd season it well, and cook it with a sauce (few recipes online). That will probably get the most out of it. 

Possibly hypocritically, I've kept rabbits as pets a few times during my life so far, but I always justify it as they are very different from the farmed variety, which I assume are very different breeds. Not much of an excuse though :lol:

• Like 1