Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

57 minutes ago, Bender said:

Me too, how are your getters, I think they may be blocked 😂 

Ha haha. 

Just about to have a stroll on beach after I've fed the horse......lol

Well cockapoo....

• Haha 1

Morning, not been on for a bit as life got busy.

Some horrible news, last week a friend of mine Ruth was killed in a motorbike accident. I'd known her since I was 21, she was the sister of my ex-girlfriend Sophie and I lived with them for about a year. I taught Sophie to ride, and then Ruth quickly followed as she'd always wanted to, and I helped her haggle for her first little CBR125. She was a lot more serious about it than her sister, and she went through a few bikes before settling on a Triumph Daytona 675, which she loved and made her own with a holo paintjob. We stayed in touch after I left the relationship, and I spoke to her just a matter of weeks ago over Xbox live.

Don't know if anyone on here knew her, but she was pretty well known on the Triumph scene.

• Sad 5

34 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Some horrible news, last week a friend of mine Ruth was killed in a motorbike accident. I'd known her since I was 21, she was the sister of my ex-girlfriend Sophie and I lived with them for about a year. I taught Sophie to ride, and then Ruth quickly followed as she'd always wanted to, and I helped her haggle for her first little CBR125. She was a lot more serious about it than her sister, and she went through a few bikes before settling on a Triumph Daytona 675, which she loved and made her own with a holo paintjob. We stayed in touch after I left the relationship, and I spoke to her just a matter of weeks ago over Xbox live.

Don't know if anyone on here knew her, but she was pretty well known on the Triumph scene.

Sorry to hear that, been a few lately unfortunately. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bender said:

Sorry to hear that, been a few lately unfortunately. 

It's just gutting as she was only 34, and after a few hard years her life was properly on track and in a good direction. New job at the NHS, her own place, a new boyfriend. She had a heck of a time with an abusive ex, who she fled across the country from, and he then began spewing various revenge stories in different groups, with her only finding out when she found she'd been removed. She asked for help, and I wrote a post for her that briefly laid out why she fled, then listed the different stories he'd told, how no one had approached her about them despite some claiming to have heard both sides, and it quickly bled back through people and it ended with the chap sent packing.

...Until last night when he was seen tearing down flowers and notes left at the scene by friends, and then leaving his own flowers and a note before sending his sincere condolences to her sister in a dog whistle admission of what he'd done. So now I'm trying to calm her down, and keep him cut off, and stop it overshadowing the funeral next week. I suspect it's going to be quite a drama filled week. 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

@Fozzie best of luck, all you can do is be there for those that need it.

Was anyone else involved. 

A Mercedes driver who is now under investigation. 

Those there say it looked like target fixation, and she clipped a central reservation before coming off and sliding into the oncoming car. But what has apparently concerned the police, is the Mercedes didn't brake or try to evade even after it had pulled Ruth under the wheels and pulled her down the road a good way. The car was wrecked as the bike hit it, so the police are trying to find out if the car was trying to get away or if the driver just froze. I expect the latter, but worry the family is looking for someone to blame. 

• Sad 2

Saw this on the way home near Rugby.

Couldn't tell if it touched the ground to officially be a tornado as it was too far away.

Still an amazing sight though, never seen one before.

20210727_174601.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fozzie said:

:( knew Ruth from LondonBikers from Her 125 Days and the Maytona ( not a misprint) (James May's Daytona)

And met GingerNinja a few times .

And just down the road from me also ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TimR said:

:( knew Ruth from LondonBikers from Her 125 Days and the Maytona ( not a misprint) (James May's Daytona)

And met GingerNinja a few times .

And just down the road from me also ...

He actually knew the bike had met its end from the dealer! And expected Ruth to be a young hoodlum lad when she introduced herself. Richard Hammond snapped a pic of them both. I think a taxi in London had pulled out on her for that one. 

The orange Ninja was originally Sophie's, and Ruth had it resprayed black but got back onto what was her current Triumph. 

There's been quite a serious development, two of the three other bikers at the scene have been arrested. The markings on the road showing Ruth's path don't show someone running wide and going off, they show someone on the right line suddenly spearing off. The police tracked their route and found a petrol station they stopped at, and the CCTV revealed the two arrested had cameras on their helmet/bike, which they removed and hid after the crash. The police have recovered these cameras, and one of the two came clean, the other is saying no comment. We don't know what they show, but I understand the lead biker did some sort of maneuver that went wrong, but he managed to keep it upright and slow the bike. The bike immediately behind had to dodge and hit the brakes, and Ruth following behind him had nowhere to go so slammed on the brakes, and went off and into the car.

Which explains why the oncoming car didn't brake, she wasn't gradually running wide, target fixating, and rode up and over the central reservation. She suddenly changed direction because she slammed on the brakes to dodge someone who was mucking about. A death by dangerous driving, and perverting the course of justice charge has been brought.

• Sad 2

Saw this today

0D4855AD-F6A4-46AB-97C8-5414788B27C4.thumb.jpeg.4f659215fa3fc27c45fda47e4bd4d50e.jpeg

It was a Suzuki LS 650 Savage in a Vespa frame - chain drive with a fuel tank in the right hand pannier.

A most peculiar thing, and you may ask why ? Probably coz they could.

Got a lot of attention.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Morning

Great start to the day! 

Jumped in the shower as usual only to find the shower pump has given up the ghost :roll: 

Best go buy a new one then 

• Sad 1