Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning :thumb:

Quite an unexpected day yesterday, we had a delivery of stoves when we got back to the yard last night, started to unload them off the pallet, next thing they toppled over onto Xena. Luckily she came away with only minor damage, broken pillion foot peg, slightly bent pillion grab handle, a few broken fixings on the screen and a slightly bent mirror arm. You couldn't see it in the dark but one side of the pallet had it's legs missing, so as we lifted off the first stove the weight of the rest caused the pallet to tip. There are going to be some heads rolling today 😠

• Sad 7

My boss has said in the meantime he will cover the cost for the damage to Xena, and he will then claim it back from whoever turns out to be responsible.

Will get the replacement parts ordered at the weekend :thumb:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, dynax said:

My boss has said in the meantime he will cover the cost for the damage to Xena, and he will then claim it back from whoever turns out to be responsible.

Will get the replacement parts ordered at the weekend :thumb:

Does the realise how much Carbon fibre, Brembo brakes & an Akrapovic pipe costs? 😆

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Mickly said:

Does the realise how much Carbon fibre, Brembo brakes & an Akrapovic pipe costs? 😆

The thought had crossed my mind, as well as some new genuine leather panniers :lol:

• Like 1

Very good morning everybody.

Received today my xmas own gift.

a new set of intercom :thumb: 

current ones although still in perfect working order, battery still in perfect condition after 9yrs it's time to get something a bit newer.

So, meet my new Lexin GTX.

Smaller than my previous set

image.thumb.jpeg.795ce12cbb5ed43163efa1845aee3d4c.jpeg

A very fancy case

image.thumb.jpeg.283e0cd2a911f18e696316ede38d8ad8.jpeg

5 different skin covers just in case you don't like the black one

image.thumb.jpeg.7c2858cec5c2e859147ba74e12d5c4df.jpeg

A shed load of accessories, including several speaker pads, 2 mics (flexible and rigid for flip up's)

sticker or clip fixing and extra skins.

image.thumb.jpeg.005f4fe47b97eb029c75fde20ff88261.jpeg

Tried it for a bit outside the helmet. Sound seems very good and very easy to use.

Can't wait for the weekend to give it a try :)

• Like 2

Having flown model aircraft for years but gave up when we moved last time due lack of a decent airfield I got into my sailing more seriously. 

I have recently got to pondering a bit of an amalgamation of both and getting into RC sailing. Our sailing club is looking at starting a Dragon Force 65 fleet as the boat is reasonably priced and easy to transport.

Anyone on here got any experience of them?

27 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Having flown model aircraft for years but gave up when we moved last time due lack of a decent airfield I got into my sailing more seriously. 

I have recently got to pondering a bit of an amalgamation of both and getting into RC sailing. Our sailing club is looking at starting a Dragon Force 65 fleet as the boat is reasonably priced and easy to transport.

Anyone on here got any experience of them?

We have quite a few at my club. I sail an RG65 which the dragon 65 is derived from.

The dragon is a racing format and no modifications are allowed, unlike the RG.

The hull is plastic moulding and, but not at my club, there have been some issues of cracks forming by the keel box.

They can be easily carried fully rigged in a car so are ready for the water with minimal setup required when arriving at the water.

They sail well and are easy to get on with.

There are 3or 4 sets of sails available to suit wind conditions. 

The current  model is version 7. This has changes to the hull thickness is areas, presumably to mitigate the above. The version 7 also has a revised sail winch. If you are buying new supplier should be selling V7 but second hand can be different, also if cheap models offered check the version.

If buying new with radio gear installed go for the FlySky radio. It’s slightly dearer but it is a better radio than the Joysway unit.

HTH.

• Thanks 1

I think the second passenger was added to take over the steering when the first two guys were exhausted . 

Screenshot_20221031-205118~2.png

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dynax said:

The weekend is nearly here for me, and have the whole weekend off again :yay:

I've a weekend off too, although I fear it will involve doing all the stuff that's not got done in the last 2 month, I'm probably better off going to work 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

@JRH thanks for that. I've been doing the usual YouTube explorations.

I only found out this morning about the RG65. I quite enjoy building and tinkering so I'll have to explore that class. 

There are a few subtle differences between the 2 classes and I think the DF65 has just about taken over. I know that as far as official racing goes DF and RG can race together under RG rules, but if the race is under DF rules then only dragons can race.

Our club is a social club so we will have Dragons, my RG and micro magics on the water at the same time with the occasional Footy yacht joining in.

• Like 1