Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

8 hours ago, goat said:

Morning. Rabbit with myxomatosis in the garden this morning. Always a cheery site. Last time I dealt with one was whilst running a corporate volunteer day on a country park. They weren't too cheery to see it go to heaven and all scattered again when I chucked it on the pile of burning bramble to get rid of it. Still, I'm sure it gave them a memorable day.

Never a pretty sight when in advanced stages. Used to see a lot when I lived in Weardale but not so much down here, not for a few years in fact.

Edited by S-Westerly

43 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Never a pretty sight when in advanced stages. Used to see a lot when I lived in Weardale but not so much down here, not for a few years in fact.

It really is grim. Used to get waves of it when the rabbit population got up. Would get a stream of members of the public asking if we knew there were sick rabbits and what we were doing about it. 

5 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A nice sunny day. Which I shall spend in our daughter's loft fitting shelving and boarding. What fun.

That does sound fun. I'll be in a woodland being eaten alive by mosquitos and shredding my legs on bramble. Also fun.

Mornininggg All.

Today will be mainly doing a volunteer hospital run, visit to the chiropractor (aka Torquemada), attend a meeting of the Garden Club, wiring up the Dalek Voice Changer I have built, fitting new car mats, researching 'naughty' signs for Tagging, starting on the annual taxation assessment, and the usual life living events of the day.

It may (may) be summer tomorrow (apparently) so I will be able to try out my new bike boots!.

😎

• Like 3

Well I've lathered up the Willmas nordic summer insect repellent, found a patch with no bramble and it's rather nice. Chiffchaff singing. Very pleasant.

Currently doing some online driver awareness training for work. Don't put rum on your cornflakes, don't pull drivers out of their car to kill them blah blah blah.

22 minutes ago, goat said:

Currently doing some online driver awareness training for work. Don't put rum on your cornflakes, don't pull drivers out of their car to kill them blah blah blah.

Wasn't all this covered in the driving test? What value do they think they're adding?

2 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Wasn't all this covered in the driving test? What value do they think they're adding?

God knows. They're ticking a box. Got to do another with rospa in September, which I suspect will be more useful than watching a bloke on a video say stick to speed limits, wear your seat belt.

9 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: I think I've got a phone interview/informal chat about a job today! :thumb::scratch:

If it`s an informal chat why can`t he take you for a pint and discuss it ?

Seriously good luck if it`s something you want.

Cheers

Ian

• Thanks 1

Results in from scan on suspected hernia, yes it's a hernia, could have saved them the expense and drew a circle but no they wouldn't go with my cost cutting mumbo jumbo.

Awaiting surgery appointment, hopefully after the sunny bit we call summer.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

If it`s an informal chat why can`t he take you for a pint and discuss it ?

Seriously good luck if it`s something you want.

Cheers

Ian

It was a she! and she didn't bother phoning anyway! :scratch: :beer2:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, goat said:

All good advice that, young goat.

• Haha 1

Good morning :thumb:

A good day yesterday, had a little bimble and had fish and chips, then had coffee and cake at a little coffee shop at Go Outdoors. Then spent a couple of hours in the garden :thumb:

• Like 1

Hoping for moderate temperatures this afternoon. Currently in sight of the Erskine Bridge,  I’ll be heading home, hopefully, via the Falkirk Wheel and The Kelpies, avoiding motorways as much as possible. This turns a two hour grind on motorways into an interesting four hour afternoon bimble. I should be home a little after 7pm. 

• Like 3

And we will be heading into Scotland just as the weather breaks and the rains start. ☹️

• Like 2

I'm heading up to Barnard Castle on Wednesday and as the weather is supposed to be reasonable will try for a bit of fun going north. Up via the Welsh borders, then M6 to Kirkby Lonsdale then through the Pennines to Middleton in Teesdale and on to Barney. Anything but the wretched motorway thrash.

• Like 3

I only had time for a quick pop by - both were genuinely impressive. I need to go back to get a better look at both.

Note to self. Don’t visit on a busy Saturday… both were rammed with visitors. 

87B28E73-EF5A-4013-9441-049D97E964D6.jpeg

8ACEB52C-FDD9-41C0-8BAD-DAE7119E76D0.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1