What's going to change on leaving Europe...

onesea

As I've posted elsewhere, packaging costs will go up. A mate has just had all his packing prices go up by 15%. Bigger companies like Amazon are stockpiling cardboard. Egg boxes are apparently going to be a problem due to lack of pulp, so expect to see more plastic egg boxes.

The movement of everything based on the "just in time" stock system will be a problem. So that's most things these days.

I thought Bozo had promised he had an oven ready deal? He wasn't telling fibs by any chance?

Swiss rolls should be good as Switzerland isn't in the EU either. Cheddar cheese (the proper stuff) is made in the UK so bollocks to that rumour. All this vaporing and hysterics reminds me of the Y2K panic- remember that? Sure it'll be a mess but its not the end of the bloody world.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Swiss rolls should be good as Switzerland isn't in the EU either. Cheddar cheese (the proper stuff) is made in the UK so bollocks to that rumour. All this vaporing and hysterics reminds me of the Y2K panic- remember that? Sure it'll be a mess but its not the end of the bloody world.

To be fair, it's not really anything like the Y2K panic, which ended abruptly at one minute past midnight when no planes fell out of the sky or global IT systems imploded, and which affected nobody in any meaningful sense. UK businesses now have two weeks before new rules come into force between us and our biggest trading partner, and despite the expensive and characteristically vacuous advertising campaign from the government encouraging us to 'get ready' when you make contact with them they still haven't got a f*cking clue what we need to do.

I can't help thinking that this is all going to turn out to be a very high price to pay for pandering to a section of society who never understood how the EU works in the first place.

:(

2 hours ago, onesea said:

I know no one really knows but...

The Government's very own Impact Assessments 2 years ago spelt it out. The worst case scenario was labelled "Operation Yellowhammer".......and that's what is heading your way.

The Brexiteers will pooh-pooh all this of course......so all I'll say is......wait and see for yourself!

If however we have any super rich people or hedge fund managers here.......you already know you're going to make a killing when you short the pound and buy up all remaining assets for next to nothing. But of course that's what the Politicians were paid to deliver! Those type of people will be laughing all the way to the Bank. Nobody else will be though.

Brexit and Covid will raise the prices of all sorts of things

The annoying thing is these prices will never come down! well they will but not to us they won't as companies will pocket the difference because after all we will be paying it anyway :roll:

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The Government's very own Impact Assessments 2 years ago spelt it out. The worst case scenario was labelled "Operation Yellowhammer".......and that's what is heading your way.

The Brexiteers will pooh-pooh all this of course......so all I'll say is......wait and see for yourself!

If however we have any super rich people or hedge fund managers here.......you already know you're going to make a killing when you short the pound and buy up all remaining assets for next to nothing. But of course that's what the Politicians were paid to deliver! Those type of people will be laughing all the way to the Bank. Nobody else will be though.

There's no point explaining it to them now! Some of these f*cking braindead Gammons haven't even mastered the rudiments of English after a lifetime of daily exposure to it, so they've got no hope of grasping the implications of leaving the EU! 

:lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MarkW said:

There's no point explaining it to them now! Some of these f*cking braindead Gammons haven't even mastered the rudiments of English after a lifetime of daily exposure to it, so they've got no hope of grasping the implications of leaving the EU! 

:lol:

Maybe they'll be able to pick up a vibe from this Mark?

DlhQhN5U0AAULjG.thumb.jpg.1947f11f522c16dd8fde893b8125adf1.jpg

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Maybe they'll be able to pick up a vibe from this Mark?

DlhQhN5U0AAULjG.thumb.jpg.1947f11f522c16dd8fde893b8125adf1.jpg

Somewhere in the old 'EU: In or out?' thread I said that leaving the EU would be a disaster for my industry. One of the more intellectually challenged Gammons (I know that doesn't narrow it down very much) immediately demonstrated his profound grasp of the issues by posting a characteristically misspelt and illiterate response along the lines of "My arse it will". 

And what I said would happen has happened. Getting products onto the market in Europe involves every Member State in a complex and protracted evaluation process, and the UK had a huge amount of influence at the table. Now we're not even in the room. We still have to follow the same EU procedures if we want to sell into the EU, but we no longer have any voice - we just have to do as we are told. Presumably this is what the Gammons think constitutes 'Taking back control' - voluntarily inserting the ball gag and bending over to be f*cked up the arse by Germany whilst the rest of the EU looks on. Yup - that's showing them who's boss...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MarkW said:

Somewhere in the old 'EU: In or out?' thread I said that leaving the EU would be a disaster for my industry. One of the more intellectually challenged Gammons (I know that doesn't narrow it down very much) immediately demonstrated his profound grasp of the issues by posting a characteristically misspelt and illiterate response along the lines of "My arse it will". 

And what I said would happen has happened. Getting products onto the market in Europe involves every Member State in a complex and protracted evaluation process, and the UK had a huge amount of influence at the table. Now we're not even in the room. We still have to follow the same EU procedures if we want to sell into the EU, but we no longer have any voice - we just have to do as we are told. Presumably this is what the Gammons think constitutes 'Taking back control' - voluntarily inserting the ball gag and bending over to be f*cked up the arse by Germany whilst the rest of the EU looks on. Yup - that's showing them who's boss...

Yeh but blue Passports! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh but blue Passports! :classic_laugh:

This thread is going to be my big push for MOTY or TOTY. I've never won anything before, but if I pull out all the stops the Gammons might nominate me for TOTY, and the members who know what adverbs, nouns and prepositions are might nominate me for MOTY. 

:thumb:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, MarkW said:

This thread is going to be my big push for MOTY or TOTY. I've never won anything before, but if I pull out all the stops the Gammons might nominate me for TOTY, and the members who know what adverbs, nouns and prepositions are might nominate me for MOTY. 

:thumb:

It`s a brave bid but I would be cautious of splitting the vote like that, this place seems to house equal quantities of illiterate twats and educated peeps slumming it.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

his place seems to house equal quantities of illiterate twats and educated peeps slumming it.

No Ian......it's a goddam GammonFest in here!

The only educated ones off the top of my head are me, @MarkW, @Tango, and @Slowlycatchymonkey

@raesewell is also a possibility......but I'm not sure.

There may well be more but those are the ones that spring to mind. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Brexit and Covid will raise the prices of all sorts of things

The annoying thing is these prices will never come down! well they will but not to us they won't as companies will pocket the difference because after all we will be paying it anyway :roll:

Think your right there people will use one to blame the other to push the prices up, the same happened in Europe when they adopted the Euro.

Like with COVID there will be winners and losers, those that have the ability will need to adapt to survive.

I had hoped this thread would not become a platform for Gammons or Remoaners to vent then I guess emotions are still running high.

Things are going to change if we like it or not, just what.

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No Ian......it's a goddam GammonFest in here!

The only educated ones off the top of my head are me, @MarkW, @Tango, and @Slowlycatchymonkey

@raesewell is also a possibility......but I'm not sure.

There may well be more but those are the ones that spring to mind. 

Unsure (Original Star Trek) | Reaction GIFs

4 minutes ago, onesea said:

I had hoped this thread would not become a platform for Gammons or Remoaners to vent then I guess emotions are still running high.

It's always going to happen when this can of worms gets opened.

The thing is, Remainers know the way this is going to pan out. And those in Britain have had over 4 years to prepare one way or another. Apart from losing FOM (which I'm unlikely to ever use again) Brexit makes no difference to me!

In fact I really want Britain to do well and the pound return to the €1.50 exchange rate of 2005. Cos that's nearly 50% more Pension for me every month! But that's not going to happen.....I'm resigned to that fact.

However, the Brexiteers still think that things are going to go well. When the reality of all this finally hits home.........then you're going to see emotions running high.

33 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

It`s a brave bid but I would be cautious of splitting the vote like that, this place seems to house equal quantities of illiterate twats and educated peeps slumming it.

Cheers

Ian

I know, but it's my only shot at glory on here - I haven't even got a bike FFS! :lol:

• Like 1