What's going to change on leaving Europe...

onesea

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I see a Mod gig in your future! :classic_laugh:

I am looking though! I see something obscenely quick in the sub-£5k bracket taking up residence in my garage next year - possibly along these lines...

IMG_1847.JPG

• Like 2

This is possibly the best analysis of the situation that I've ever seen.

Whether you're a Leaver or a Remainer I would advise you to watch this!

It's only a few minutes of your time......and it may make you start to question some of the things you've been told!

• Like 1

I’ve been listening & reading various Knob ends expounding their views on the ‘deal’ first one to make me choke on my beer was a Tory MP saying that the ‘Oven ready deal’ that Boris spoke of was the transition plan not the final exit deal and that to say anything else is a cheap shot, if I had been in his vicinity I’d have taken that cheap shot & he’d now how to shove a toothbrush up his arse to clean his teeth😡

The way Boris will play the vote on the deal is:

If you vote for the deal & it all goes tits up, don’t complain you voted for it !

If you vote against it & the result is a no deal and it all goes tits up, don’t complain  it’s your fault !

If you abstain and it all goes tits up it’s your fault, whatever the result.

If you vote against the deal but it still gets through & it all goes tits up don’t complain because you obviously wanted a no deal which would have been worse.

It’s like having a gun put your head & having a choice of .44 or .45 caliber.

It’s a complete & utter stitch up & It makes me sick to the stomach that it is being treated as nothing but a business opportunity by the fat cats!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickly said:

I’ve been listening & reading various Knob ends expounding their views on the ‘deal’ first one to make me choke on my beer was a Tory MP saying that the ‘Oven ready deal’ that Boris spoke of was the transition plan not the final exit deal and that to say anything else is a cheap shot, if I had been in his vicinity I’d have taken that cheap shot & he’d now how to shove a toothbrush up his arse to clean his teeth😡

The way Boris will play the vote on the deal is:

If you vote for the deal & it all goes tits up, don’t complain you voted for it !

If you vote against it & the result is a no deal and it all goes tits up, don’t complain  it’s your fault !

If you abstain and it all goes tits up it’s your fault, whatever the result.

If you vote against the deal but it still gets through & it all goes tits up don’t complain because you obviously wanted a no deal which would have been worse.

It’s like having a gun put your head & having a choice of .44 or .45 caliber.

It’s a complete & utter stitch up & It makes me sick to the stomach that it is being treated as nothing but a business opportunity by the fat cats!!

You know what's funny Mickly?

The likes of public school educated, upper class, privileged people like Bozo, Farage, Rees-Mogg etc telling the electorate that voting for Brexit is sticking it up the "Establishment" and the "Liberal Elite".

Even funnier is the electorate (and predominantly the working class) actually believing it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You know what's funny Mickly?

The likes of public school educated, upper class, privileged people like Bozo, Farage, Rees-Mogg etc telling the electorate that voting for Brexit is sticking it up the "Establishment" and the "Liberal Elite".

Even funnier is the electorate (and predominantly the working class) actually believing it.

Sadly it’s not funny

I'm a proud remainer. The good thing with being a remainer is that I can sit back and watch the shit storm develop and embarrass us as a nation. It's already started. Shame, could've been avoided.

What happens now is all on those who voted for Brexit and the elected government to negotiate it. I'm not part of that, thankfully. 

Edited by rob m
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Sadly it’s not funny

It's beyond satire.......it's beyond surreal.

And they also tell them WHO to hate.....Hate the EU, Hate foreigners, Hate Merkel, Hate Macron, Hate Germany, Hate France, Hate Labour, Hate Corbyn, Hate Starmer, Hate Antifa, Hate BLM etc.

But you know the consequence of fuelling this hate? It's going to explode one day given the right trigger!

And the fuse will start burning on the 1st January. 

the dark knight joker GIF

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

the problem is the working class mostly WASP.. are patronised .. and felt left behind .. and sayin they did not under stand what they voted for just made them angrier ...  

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Back in the day of Thatcher there were bumpers stickers saying....Don't blame me, I voted Labour.

Maybe something similar might appear again?

I would have voted for Kermit the Frog but he was just too green to be a politician :classic_biggrin:

I think this is a change from 1st Jan.......cos I don't remember hearing of Royal Navy gunboats being sent out to guard British fish before.

In fact I didn't even know that fish had nationalities......shows how little I know doesn't it?

EpDSh8uWEAYzsx5.thumb.jpg.1852fbb679f40595a7f3da115e69037a.jpg

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

As I've posted elsewhere, packaging costs will go up. A mate has just had all his packing prices go up by 15%. Bigger companies like Amazon are stockpiling cardboard. Egg boxes are apparently going to be a problem due to lack of pulp, so expect to see more plastic egg boxes.

The movement of everything based on the "just in time" stock system will be a problem. So that's most things these days.

I thought Bozo had promised he had an oven ready deal? He wasn't telling fibs by any chance?

you wanna bet ?

A change for me. I class myself as British but by a quirk of fate I can claim EU citizenship and change my passport which I’m currently in the early stages of doing.

as for what is going to change from January. I think it’s all been laid out already. Talked about at length and generally derided as project fear. Even the prospect of no deal was ridiculed and its almost upon us. 

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

A change for me. I class myself as British but by a quirk of fate I can claim EU citizenship and change my passport which I’m currently in the early stages of doing.

as for what is going to change from January. I think it’s all been laid out already. Talked about at length and generally derided as project fear. Even the prospect of no deal was ridiculed and its almost upon us. 

Likewise, i can do three maybe four nationalities :classic_laugh:

Edited by dynax
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You two guys are lucky to have another option! All I have in my family tree is Welsh on both sides over multiple generations.

I was born here in the UK, my mother was born in Germany but her parents my grandparent's were Polish, my father was Hungarian but unsure about my grandparent's on his side where they originated from, I have looked into it a bit, and i could have Russian, Romanian or Czech ancestry :thumb:

Edited by dynax

7 minutes ago, dynax said:

I was born here in the UK, my mother was born in Germany but her parents my grandparent's were Polish, my father was Hungarian but unsure about my grandparent's on his side where they originated from, I have looked into it a bit, and i could have Russian, Romanian or Czech ancestry :thumb:

Grab a German passport if you can.......that's a pretty safe bet!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

That is a very fortunate quirk of fate 

11 hours ago, MarkW said:

To be fair, it's not really anything like the Y2K panic, which ended abruptly at one minute past midnight when no planes fell out of the sky or global IT systems imploded, and which affected nobody in any meaningful sense. UK businesses now have two weeks before new rules come into force between us and our biggest trading partner, and despite the expensive and characteristically vacuous advertising campaign from the government encouraging us to 'get ready' when you make contact with them they still haven't got a f*cking clue what we need to do.

I can't help thinking that this is all going to turn out to be a very high price to pay for pandering to a section of society who never understood how the EU works in the first place.

:(

The problem is that section of society may not have a clue what they were calling for but they were pretty much ignored as an irrelevance for the last 20yrs by the EU and the UK, when you feel you have little to loose there is nothing to pressure you into keeping what you thought you didn't have in the first place.

Add to that those who were never given a vote for the European federal state expansion, a divided political system and a dash of  nigel farage and hey presto we are where we are.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

I think this is a change from 1st Jan.......cos I don't remember hearing of Royal Navy gunboats being sent out to guard British fish before.

In fact I didn't even know that fish had nationalities......shows how little I know doesn't it?

EpDSh8uWEAYzsx5.thumb.jpg.1852fbb679f40595a7f3da115e69037a.jpg

I guess that irony here is that the bulk of fish caught in UK territorial waters are not popular in the UK, so they are exported to various EU countries. And it'll only take one incident with a French fisherman and they'll blockade the channel ports, which will add to the supply problems being predicted. It also seems that the lessons learned from the Icelandic cod wars has been forgotten. 

C'est la vie.

• Like 1

C’est la guerre de les poissons. 

we are about to see half the country proved correct. Still we find ourselves not discussing facts or expert opinions but calling names, gammons/remoaners belittling the people rather than the arguments. 
it’s going to be interesting that is for sure. I was reasonably neutral about in or out but siding with remain. One thing I was not ambivalent about was I would not trust those in power not to line their own pockets at the expense of mucking everything up for the rest of us.

• Like 2