XTreme is a Gammon thread

Bender

Message added by Tiggie,

This is @XTremes thread not @Benders

4 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

According to my mother some old woman came up to me in my pram and told her that boy will go far. She was right - I've done over 2,000,000 sea miles so far. Not quite what my mother hoped but there you go.

Why do the psychics never call me before the boiler breaks down or the fire goes off, but they can tell you who your going to marry and what your going to be doing in 20yrs time.

Also why do they always ask how much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There was a question? 😆

The question here today is 'Why does the gas fire work when the glass front is open but not when it's closed?'

So far this question has baffled a gas engineer who is now on his fourth visit, his boss who has come with him today to help out, and the technical support folks at Gazco. The obvious explanation was that the flu was blocked, starving the fire of oxygen when the glass is closed, but the flu is clear and a spillage test nearly sucked the match out of his hand. Over previous visits every single component of the fire has been replaced, and it still doesn't work. 

They've been here since lunchtime today, and at the moment they're talking to an exasperated Gazco technician on the phone who's at his wits end! 

:(

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The question here today is 'Why does the gas fire work when the glass front is open but not when it's closed?'

So far this question has baffled a gas engineer who is now on his fourth visit, his boss who has come with him today to help out, and the technical support folks at Gazco. The obvious explanation was that the flu was blocked, starving the fire of oxygen when the glass is closed, but the flu is clear and a spillage test nearly sucked the match out of his hand. Over previous visits every single component of the fire has been replaced, and it still doesn't work. 

They've been here since lunchtime today, and at the moment they're talking to an exasperated Gazco technician on the phone who's at his wits end! 

Fire model? 

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There was a question? 😆

Yes. And I think you’ll find it was just after the viaduct came down on Ena Sharples and although she survived. Minnie Caldwells pussy remained undiscovered for weeks!!

so tragic.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

We had that with a new build house. The flue pulled fine when tested but it had cracks in so was inconsistent. It took several engineers who couldn't figure it out.

Eventually I dismantled the fire and visually checked the flue. There were gaps between the cast sections. This caused the flue to backdraught under certain conditions.

Depends if yours is a conventional flue or balanced.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rennie said:

I like Gammon! with egg! Not pineapple :classic_biggrin:

Pineapple with anything except pineapple is pretty disgusting. As for so-called hawaiian pizza - 🤮🤢

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

If there was a question the answer must be 42.

Sorry to be difficult but the answer is ... 43 ...

The Hubble Constant was thought to be .. 42 ... but after the Hubble telescope was put in orbit ... and repaired ... It turned out to be 43 ... not 42 ... 

But the HHG had already been written / produced on radio / been on tele  ..... 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Pineapple with anything except pineapple is pretty disgusting. As for so-called hawaiian pizza - 🤮🤢

Ooh, I dunno - check this out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pineapple_upside-down_22072

You might want to have a paramedic on hand when you eat it - they'll be able to hear your left ventricle slamming shut as you swallow the first mouthful. 

:classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Why do the psychics never call me before the boiler breaks down or the fire goes off, but they can tell you who your going to marry and what your going to be doing in 20yrs time.

Also why do they always ask how much.

perhaps they couldnt see it happening :classic_wink:

Edited by skyrider
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Sorry to be difficult but the answer is ... 43 ...

The Hubble Constant was thought to be .. 42 ... but after the Hubble telescope was put in orbit ... and repaired ... It turned out to be 43 ... not 42 ... 

But the HHG had already been written / produced on radio / been on tele  ..... 

confused ryan reynolds GIF

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

confused ryan reynolds GIF

Sorry, Engineer ... we can't help ourselves .......:classic_rolleyes:

However .. if you'd quoted the post i was actually replying to it would have made sense ... ok .. possibly not ......

and just in case ... HHG ... Hitch Hikers  Guide ....  It's a book .... paper thingy .. ish ...

Edited by Trooper74
  • Haha 1

We grow Pineapples in pots in our green house ... in the space not taken up by motorbikes and bicycles ....  .... Nice ..

But never on a pizza ... ever ... ever .... ever .... ever .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

Ooh, I dunno - check this out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pineapple_upside-down_22072

You might want to have a paramedic on hand when you eat it - they'll be able to hear your left ventricle slamming shut as you swallow the first mouthful. 

:classic_biggrin:

My wife does something very similar to that and after a good portion I have to go and have a lie down in a darkened room for a while. One day I'll try and remember the after affects when she made it with a bottle I brought home of 140 proof Puerto Rican rum. I remember it was quite nice but then it all gets a bit hazy.

2 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Sorry, Engineer ... we can't help ourselves .......:classic_rolleyes:

However .. if you'd quoted the post i was actually replying to it would have made sense ... ok .. possibly not ......

and just in case ... HHG ... Hitch Hikers  Guide ....  It's a book .... paper thingy .. ish ...

It was also a rather good BBC radio production. I've got you pegged as Marvin. Bloody pedantic engineer.....

It seems like there's no discernible pattern in this thread..........so now for something completely different!

Here's my eldest grandson in Poland checking out the Trains!

He's obsessed with them.......he doesn't want to go to the Playground, my son has to keep taking him to the Railway Station!

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-16 at 19.43.27.jpeg

Edited by XTreme
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, RantMachine said:

Love me some ham and pineapple pizza. Started out with ordering it just to piss off one of my Managers who passionately hates the stuff, but then I found out I actually quite like it. Goes well with Pina Coladas.

That's you classed as one of the minions of the anti-Christ.:twisted:

• Haha 3