Looking after old neighbours

Bender

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

@Bender are we having a willie waving contest :lol: 

Nope, it's who makes the most mess decorating, at least I don't fook off after making a mess.😁 

I'm so OCD I'm working my way round the house replacing all the sills and trims that the window installers fooked up, which was most, they did give money off.

I'm pretty good at plastering now.

6 minutes ago, Bender said:

Nope, it's who makes the most mess decorating, at least I don't fook off after making a mess.😁 

I'm so OCD I'm working my way round the house replacing all the sills and trims that the window installers fooked up, which was most, they did give money off.

I'm pretty good at plastering now.

OK ok I will try! 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1566204746215.jpg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1566727988296.jpg

• Haha 2

I've only got two photos of when I did my Kitchen.  One is of how I turned the dining room into a storage centre and the other is the wallpaper I found behind the old units!

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I've only got two photos of when I did my Kitchen.  One is of how I turned the dining room into a storage centre and the other is the wallpaper I found behind the old units!

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

I can say of all the horror I have uncovered in our house of which there have been many, non of the paper has been as bad as that 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Thats genuine vintage 70's Style :lol:

I like to imagine the kitchen would of originally looked similar to this  :eek2:

tile-wallpaper-overload-70s-kitchen.png

it's a splash of colour if nothing else :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Thats genuine vintage 70's Style :lol:

I like to imagine the kitchen would of originally looked similar to this  :eek2:

tile-wallpaper-overload-70s-kitchen.png

thats an Acid trip dude

• Like 1

The thing I find very sad is some old folk I know in their eighties that live on their own who all have grown up children but they never go round to see them or help out around the house and garden. They only turn up when the children want something usually bailing out or cash for a new looney venture. I listen to the parents saying how wonderful their children are doing and they are so busy they havnt got the time to visit let alone cut the grass or get some shopping for them. Deep down I hope they realize what selfish tossers the children are and leave any money to a charity or something. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old-codger said:

The thing I find very sad is some old folk I know in their eighties that live on their own who all have grown up children but they never go round to see them or help out around the house and garden. They only turn up when the children want something usually bailing out or cash for a new looney venture. I listen to the parents saying how wonderful their children are doing and they are so busy they havnt got the time to visit let alone cut the grass or get some shopping for them. Deep down I hope they realize what selfish tossers the children are and leave any money to a charity or something. 

True enough, but sometimes it's distance too. Through no fault of their own my parents live in mid-Northumberland but I live in Gloucestershire and work at sea, one brother lives in Munich and the other in Houston. Even without covid its not practical for us to pop in to just have a cup of tea and help out a bit. With covid it's totally impossible.  My brother in Munich has  had to cancel 4 flights to the UK this last year. 

• Like 2

I live well over 100 miles away from my mother, and yet I cut the grass for her far more often than my brother does, and he's only 15 minutes down the road from her. Lazy bugger.

Mind you, he has had one or two bad experiences there: he electrocuted himself on the mower a few years ago because she'd left it out in the rain, and another time he ran over a dead cat that was hidden by the long grass, already partially decomposed and heaving with maggots. Imagine hitting that lot with a Flymo!

😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3