Motorbike books

Steve_M

I enjoy reading motorbike travel books - think Jupiter’s Travels by Ted Simon or Revolutionary Ride by Lois Pryce. I have a fair selection of titles. I’m looking for more books in the same vein.

Any suggestions for other books linked to biking? 

23 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I enjoy reading motorbike travel books - think Jupiter’s Travels by Ted Simon or Revolutionary Ride by Lois Pryce. I have a fair selection of titles. I’m looking for more books in the same vein.

Any suggestions for other books linked to biking? 

just reading at the moment  red tape and white knuckles by lois pryce  and thats ok too

Edited by skyrider

Neil Peart has wrote a few which are very good. His first one (Ghost Rider) is a difficult read as its the story of dealing with the death of his Wife & Daughter in the same year.  Certainly worth a go

16 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Neil Peart has wrote a few which are very good. His first one (Ghost Rider) is a difficult read as its the story of dealing with the death of his Wife & Daughter in the same year.  Certainly worth a go

Yup. I have that one. Difficult read, as you say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZX7R said:

I really enjoyed Dan Walsh's 'These are the Days that Must Happen to You':

These Are the Days that Must Happen to You: Amazon.co.uk: Walsh, Dan: 9781846053115: Books 

Dan was a staffer at Bike Magazine and took time out to make a round the world trip.

I endorse this recommendation- I read it during lockdown, loved it.

Got Jupiter’s Travels for Christmas & I’ve already finished it, not hugely impressed & certainly didn’t do a lot to inspire me, where as the Dan Walsh book really had me thinking!!

3 minutes ago, Mickly said:

I endorse this recommendation- I read it during lockdown, loved it.

Got Jupiter’s Travels for Christmas & I’ve already finished it, not hugely impressed & certainly didn’t do a lot to inspire me, where as the Dan Walsh book really had me thinking!!

dreaming of jupiter by ted simon 

I met a guy in Cape town he had just done, Cape Town to Cambridge and back, I took a pic of him at center of Cape Town just as he finished, his gs had been impeccable I didn't write down his blog addy and have not been able to find it.