helmet camera

hi  can anyone help..looking for a good camera for just recording journeys of about a hour in case a car pulls out and causes crash...was thinking of the drift ghost xl but for every good review i read a bad review...any help ??

4 minutes ago, ant said:

hi  can anyone help..looking for a good camera for just recording journeys of about a hour in case a car pulls out and causes crash...was thinking of the drift ghost xl but for every good review i read a bad review...any help ??

There have been charging issues but the latest firmware appears to have fixed that. I have the x and it's been fine other than struggling with charging

Plenty of cheap cams out there but the ghost isn't that expensive, size and mounting system is great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender said:

There have been charging issues but the latest firmware appears to have fixed that. I have the x and it's been fine other than struggling with charging

Plenty of cheap cams out there but the ghost isn't that expensive, size and mounting system is great.

App on phone sets most of the setting on the camera, as the tiny screen is tiny.

Phone app is used to update firmware and has always updated fine, you can connect camera and use phone as a screen to display live from the camera.

Updating firmware is very easy.

• Like 1

I have a Ghost x, Good camera, terrible sound unless you use an external mike,  as Bender said there have been some charging issues, I personally haven't had any since updating the firmware.  One thing to note, if you get one, leave about ten seconds between switching it on and hitting the record button, I had a problem where it wasn't recording and it was because I was pressing record straight after turning it on.

• Like 1

I use the Drift Ghost X for recording my commute. It has a loop recording and instant recording, and can all be set by your phone. Good battery life, good picture quality but not great picture quality, compared to the like of the Go Pro. A good plus for this camera - its small enough not to be intrusive like the other cameras. 👍  

• Like 1

Presently using Ghost XL and so far I'm pleased with it. Is a slim fit on my helmet which imo is best place to fit. Have a GoPro on a chest harness but it's battery is short. Previously had Ghost 4K and though it was a great camera it died in rain and couldn't be repaired.  

From watching a few youtube videos i saw a few brands I didnt know existed. Sony do a few, google sony helmet camera. and tom tom do as well. from what i saw its called bandit. some video do comparison so you can make your mind up.

23 hours ago, jedibiker said:

From watching a few youtube videos i saw a few brands I didnt know existed. Sony do a few, google sony helmet camera. and tom tom do as well. from what i saw its called bandit. some video do comparison so you can make your mind up.

Not sure Tom Tom still do. They used to but it was discontinued.  They may have brought out a new one though.

5 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Not sure Tom Tom still do. They used to but it was discontinued.  They may have brought out a new one though.

Yep, just checked tomtom's own website and their camera is discontinued.  Still apparently available on line but without any manufacturer's support.