Roadmap out of lockdown

onesea

Let’s see if I have this right:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary

Its tough to decipher as a biker..

8th March: Recreational allowed however stay at home rule still in force. You can meet with 1 other.

I guess that says stay very local for your recreational biking and your one other should be local.

29th March: Stay at home ended and groups of 6 allowed, we should still

minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes.”  
Be sensible avoid rush hour and busy places.

No dates given here as subject to change.

Step 2: You can stay out overnight and England wide travel allowed.

Step 3: You can ride with 6 but meet with up to 30.

Step 4: potential for large bike meets to be permitted.

17 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Reading that I have it about right...

As of 8th me and misses can walk dogs then go home jump on bike locally, to go for coffee avoiding busy places is fair game, as long as we stay local, it is our recreation...

On 01/03/2021 at 21:05, S-Westerly said:

Sure am.

Just watch where you ride, Dorset police are on it as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19128267.amp/

Living in touristy area on the border of Dorset is probably why I am so aware of keeping in right side of rules...

27 minutes ago, onesea said:

Just watch where you ride, Dorset police are on it as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19128267.amp/

Living in touristy area on the border of Dorset is probably why I am so aware of keeping in right side of rules...

Likewise living on the borders of Mid Wales we're staying on the right side of the rules, regardless of whether we agree with them or not - not worth the risk.  

As police forces go Avon and Somerset police have a reputation for being alright, not exactly chilled out but not ar*eholes either. 
I read in the paper only yesterday Marvin Rees (Bristol Mayor) commending them for their handling of the BLM protest in Bristol-approx 10,000 people, no smashed windows, rioting or looting, no queues at A&E, it stayed peaceful largely due to the lack of any antagonism. 

Only last week I watched the bodycam footage of the Somerset police at a cider farm who had quite a large gathering of folk going on, they were pretty nice about it, still fined them all of course but they weren’t nasty - “Alright?” “Yeh you alright?” “Yeh” “oh you’ve got a lot people here” “mmm yeh” “oh dear” 😂

6 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Likewise living on the borders of Mid Wales we're staying on the right side of the rules, regardless of whether we agree with them or not - not worth the risk.  

Cumbria, after a relatively safe first lockdown, was hit hard after the tier system. We had high numbers invade the area from their high tier to their holiday homes etc. This last spike has resulted in quite a focus on people not from the area. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Sad 1

Gloucestershire seem okay although local reports have them stopping folks from outside. Seem strictest in the touristy bits of the Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean. Personally I've never had an issue.

Blunderside police are just lazy! (that's humberside police for those not in the know! Even though there is no such place called humberside :roll:

North Yorkshire will have you though if they get you on their patch! 

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Merseyside are hot around the beaches. It makes delivering shopping to my parents interesting because they live right on the seafront where the police either block the road completely or stop and fine people trying to get to the beach.

Yeah I saw where someone from Walton got done for going to Crosby! Apparently the  chief Constable cancelled the fine which was big of him given its not much more than walking distance and certainly an easy cycle ride.

Also recently read some scientific expert opined that the chances of catching covid outdoors is really low. Most transmission (outside of care homes and hospitals) is thought to be from supermarkets apparently. What a surprise. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

There is an interpretation here as well...

https://shockedsockets.com/staged-easing-of-lockdown-for-motorcyclists/?fbclid=IwAR0ogWGgQA8_RyB5jE-2PmreGoDyvfsRK_WsZEDafHlQULkNweYMAtPTWq0

8th of March "Although exercise and leaving your home is permitted, you cannot travel for exercise. You can walk or cycle (bicycle) to meet a friend or family member providing you remain socially distant. However you cannot ride your motorcycle to meet anybody outside of your household or to a spot for exercise."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2021 at 21:28, S-Westerly said:

Says UK  but so far as I'm aware it's England only?

That's where it's a mess isn't it?  Am wondering if, following the beginning of the easing of Welsh restrictions at the end of last week, if after 29th March, we can legitimately travel into Wales on the bikes & go for a walk as we'd only be day trippers...I live in north Herefordshire, so for me, a trip to Wales is only 3 miles...how much more local can you get?

17 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

That's where it's a mess isn't it?  Am wondering if, following the beginning of the easing of Welsh restrictions at the end of last week, if after 29th March, we can legitimately travel into Wales on the bikes & go for a walk as we'd only be day trippers...I live in north Herefordshire, so for me, a trip to Wales is only 3 miles...how much more local can you get?

Exactly, I'm in Gloucestershire so I can be in Wales in about 30 minutes. Could even get my haircut! Totally barmy. 

• Like 1

We have had a letter today from the site where our static is.

We can travel over to it during the day 10 till 4 from the 29th of March.  But not stay over till the 12th of April. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilM said:

We can travel over to it during the day 10 till 4 from the 29th of March.  But not stay over till the 12th of April. 

Is that in Wales?

If so then it means I can visit my brother, who is a miserable sod to be honest, but he hasn't seen another person since last August so I'd better check up on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Is that in Wales?

If so then it means I can visit my brother, who is a miserable sod to be honest, but he hasn't seen another person since last August so I'd better check up on him.

No mate.

Hornsea. East Coast of Yorkshire.

From 29th can travel and meet in gardens etc. The Welsh i assume are the same as they are ahead of us in easing of measures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilM said:

We’ve had the same, can’t wait to get down there (Newquay Cornwall)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 18:53, NeilM said:

This is better known as the 'Stanley Johnson' rule.  2nd home owners/lettings/rental agents can travel to the accommodation to inspect/prepare it but if it's miles away and you can't stay over, who wants a massive round trip in one day?  It's barmy, the whole lot of it.