Fecking Chinese crap.....

Bender

Anyone extols the virtues of any crap from that land I'm going to hunt you down and think of something really really not nice to say.

Just started putting together a shower door first screw by hand into chrome rail snapped in half, screws made of cheese, what a complete waste of everyone's fecking time, called suppliers don't even have to take it back, throw it in skip.

Made in China proudly printed on box, origin wasn't mentioned when I ordered it, certainly will be next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It always worries me when I put a shower door up. They weigh a fair bit and are held onto the bracket with two little screws usually. Even more worrying when its cheap made of cheese screws :shock:

I've just found out my next dry dock (2022) is going to be in China and they are going to install a million dollar ballast treatment plant made in China. I'm trying to work out if I can afford to retire next year. You wouldn't believe some of the junk coming from there.

• Haha 2

I am saying nothing present phone, 2 pairs heated grips, phone holder, usb power supply and good knows what more bought direct from China.

I don't mind cheap Chinese when I order cheap Chinese.

It's when I buy good and get cheap Chinese it annoys me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I've just found out my next dry dock (2022) is going to be in China and they are going to install a million dollar ballast treatment plant made in China. I'm trying to work out if I can afford to retire next year. You wouldn't believe some of the junk coming from there.

Retire 😁 

Funnily enough today I had a fraudulent money transfer on an account which I only usually use for UK direct debits. However in April I foolishly bought some gadget direct from China on this card. Fortunately the bank realised it was dodgy and cancelled the transfer and refunded me the money. Can only assume it was some chancer out east.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Funnily enough today I had a fraudulent money transfer on an account which I only usually use for UK direct debits. However in April I foolishly bought some gadget direct from China on this card. Fortunately the bank realised it was dodgy and cancelled the transfer and refunded me the money. Can only assume it was some chancer out east.

You need to swap all your money into an account that's safe, I will open one for you later and I will get the bank manager to call you directly from Nigeria 👍 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

That’s what PayPal is for. 

• Like 2

At the risk of being hunted down by @Bender I've had mixed experiences. Some stuff sold as UK branded sourced from China has been poor quality. But I've bought a few bits via AliExpress and to be fair they've been excellent. Delivery is slow but it's stuff I don't need in a hurry. Communication and product quality has been very good.

The Gidibi oiler I bought via an eBay seller in China and that was brilliant. Looking at the unit I'm sure they're all made in same factory anyway. It's identical to the branded version in every aspect. Just a third of the price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

At the risk of being hunted down by @Bender I've had mixed experiences. Some stuff sold as UK branded sourced from China has been poor quality. But I've bought a few bits via AliExpress and to be fair they've been excellent. Delivery is slow but it's stuff I don't need in a hurry. Communication and product quality has been very good.

The Gidibi oiler I bought via an eBay seller in China and that was brilliant. Looking at the unit I'm sure they're all made in same factory anyway. It's identical to the branded version in every aspect. Just a third of the price.

I'm setting off now 😁 

• Haha 1