In the blood ?

fastbob

Round at my Mother's at Christmas and the old photographs came out . Picture one is my Grandfather on my Mother's side . I haven't figured out what the bike is but it could have already been quite old . The second picture is my late Father on a rather sensible early Bantam . Does anyone else have some photos to prove motorcycles are in their blood ? 

Polish_20211226_161508431.jpg

Polish_20211226_162549105.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Six30 said:

My dear old mum posing on one of my dads bikes 

62EB3981-3607-4E60-BA90-3EF5324001BF.jpeg

You'll be intrigued to know that it still exists .

• Like 2

This is my farther in the fifties First on his Arial which is sorned somewhere and then his BSA golden flash that he brought from new. His brother had originally put a deposit down on it but things changed so my dad brought it instead. Sadly this is not around as far as I know. I would love to find the Arial though.

Sorry about the quality of the second picture I know somewhere there is the original picture I will have to find it.

IMG_20190131_121814223.jpg

IMG_20190131_121820512.jpg

Edited by Old-codger
update text
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

it does ... i 'll look later

Yeah , it last changed hands in 2020 and it's red in colour . I did look through countless photos online  but I couldn't find it . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fastbob said:

Yeah , it last changed hands in 2020 and it's red in colour . I did look through countless photos online  but I couldn't find it . 

i just looked as well , couldn't find any thing ,  possibility could be on an owners forum somewhere.

My Uncle in the mid 70’s. 
He passed his bike test at 16 before his car test at 17 and hasn’t been without a bike or two ever since. He’s 70 now. 
I think he was about 25 in this pic. 

6A584D52-8F95-4C24-8AB4-610E353EC4FD.thumb.jpeg.bbdd44edec931d76c8a99349f81ed830.jpeg

Me about 6

AE35B56D-F3DA-4570-B0F3-B1B1D9B1C3F9.thumb.jpeg.184e5c1a979fab1b22f4130b1d1ce161.jpeg

My Dad had bikes before I was

born but I  have no photos 

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 4

I have no photos but when my dad left school he went to work in Delamere Forest and lived in a cottage just down the road from where we currently live.

One of his mates had a motorbike and sidecar so three of them used to go into town to local cinema on it every week.

The guy who owned it rode the bike, the other two swapped between sitting in the sidecar and perching on the rear mudguard.

The only bike my dad ever owned was a little Puch Maxi moped he used to get to work on. In the winter he worn so many layers he looked like the Michelin man disappearing in a cloud of two stroke smoke. 

• Like 3