Cyclist hmmm

Bender

28 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

Its only got one wheel so it will be classed as a unicycle .. The only illegal bit will be riding on the path.

Unicycle doesn't have sharp pointy bits poking out at the front 

Good to see he’s wearing what has become standard clothing down here, Black Lycra, not the most visible colour particularly in Matt with no other colours.

As venerable road users you would like to think they would make themselves more visible.
Oh and when did a glance over the shoulder be an acceptable form of indicating?  Plus I did not know the Highway Code now states you have to give way to them when they pull out of a side road with the additional you must ride 2 abreast at all times and gesticulate at every car or motorbike that passes you…

I only did 80 miles today on the bike….

Back to the wheely If I could ride miles on my back wheel, sure enough I would loose my licence.  Oh wait they don’t have one to loose I forgot that.  

Sorry wrong day to bring them up.

• Like 2

We have an ex railway line near us used by walkers and cyclists and horse riders.

Walkers are now tending to defend their right to walk two or three abreast as the more vulnerable road user and cyclists are finding out what it is like to have to follow a slow moving obstruction that won't go single file to let them past. 

It is very funny to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

We have an ex railway line near us used by walkers and cyclists and horse riders.

Walkers are now tending to defend their right to walk two or three abreast as the more vulnerable road user and cyclists are finding out what it is like to have to follow a slow moving obstruction that won't go single file to let them past. 

It is very funny to watch. 

This is going to be my hobby 😁 

• Haha 1

I seen this on MSN, probably shouldn't have, but it made me laugh ..... Jury is out as far as I'm concerned,  maybe the Landy should have slowed down a bit I don't know,  but it looks to me that the cyclist just wasn't in control of her bike,  no confidence?  Needless to say it was the driver whop was fined.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/uk-world-news/watch-moment-careless-driver-causes-23564097

Edited by manxie49

Over dramatic reaction I think but ultimately the driver was going too fast for the hazard and travelling too close. Ultimately you don't kniw how nervous or experienced the rider was and probably didn't help with her friend screaming. 

9 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

She fell off because she couldn't get her feet out of the cleats! .. If she had stuck with plain pedals instead of trying to be Laura Trott/Kenny she could have put her feet down!

Cleats aren't the real problem, I use them all the time and they are perfectly safe unless you ride so close together that you don't leave sufficient time to react to a changing situation.

The motorist was an idiot and should have followed the simple rule - less space, less speed. But the cyclist who fell off did so because they were right on the back wheel of the bike in front and didn't have time to react properly. 

No-one comes out of that incident with any credit. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

She fell off because she couldn't get her feet out of the cleats! .. If she had stuck with plain pedals instead of trying to be Laura Trott/Kenny she could have put her feet down!

Yes, I had that exact problem with pedal clips,  I fell off because I couldn't get my foot unclipped,  took them off after that ..... Thankfully I was in a plantation when I fell off,  no one around to p--s themselves laughing at me 🙄

I cycle about 4000 -5000 miles a year. I would not get on a bicycle without cleats  !!! Ive been racing and riding with cleats for over 40 years ... It is the way .......