HPI clear?

Bianco2564

Doesn't HPI refer to hire purchase? In which case if the bike was bought outright or the contract has been settled then the fact that it's been totalled doesn't have anything to do with the HPI status. 

Looking at the state of it I wouldn't want to see any part of it put back on the road. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Doesn't HPI refer to hire purchase? In which case if the bike was bought outright or the contract has been settled then the fact that it's been totalled doesn't have anything to do with the HPI status. 

Looking at the state of it I wouldn't want to see any part of it put back on the road. 

Hpi tends to cover everything now,  who's going to give you credit to buy that 🤔 

• Like 1

Looks to me like someone had a whoopsie and valued their NCB over the value of the bike.. or maybe they didn't have any NCB but due to previous unfortunate history, their premium was already astronomical and so claiming wasn't a good idea. Might even have happened on a track somewhere. who knows?

21 hours ago, JRH said:

Insurance not been involved / advised.

Ah ok, normally advertised as unrecorded salvage.

I went to view another bike at this location a couple of years ago, wouldn't go back...

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 21:16, Bianco2564 said:

Not that I'm the slightest bit interested in buying this, just found it browsing ebay, how can this be advertised as HPI clear when it looks like the head stock is ripped from the frame?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134206498599

I actually bought a bike a bit like that (well not that bad but still).

Triumph 1050 sprint, looked alright but the owner did say it had been crashed and repaired.

Seemed fine but a year or so after I bought it it rolled backwards off the side stand and fell over - unsurprisingly cracked fairings, more surprisingly the headstock snapped..

Turns out it had been welded back on at some point, after the crash no doubt, and not very well at that.

2 hours ago, learningtofly said:

How would anyone buy it unknowingly?

Because it's not registered on any database as having been in an accident. So when it's fixed and sold on, the next owner won't know.

Edited by bud
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bud said:

Because it's not registered on any database as having been in an accident. So when it's fixed and sold on, the next owner won't know.

Ah, got you. I thought you meant buying as-is, hence the confusion!

• Like 1