Solar Panel Charger

Mickly

So I’ve just purchased a solar panel kit to charge a bike battery, got it off eBay & obviously from China … 

Just unwrapped it & found that the cables don’t fit the control module 🤬

8FB7803E-C001-4EA9-8853-D6BFEE763992.thumb.jpeg.fe1b833e615b5daa1fe46f5fde8a43b0.jpegFukit Fukit Fukit !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Had you got it from Aliexpress and you would have a full refund.

It’s ok, it’s an excuse to go on a road trip to China, track the fukka down, rip off his head and shit down his neck…. Now I just need to find a suitable bike for the journey 😉

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, husoi said:

If you need company... :thumb: 

Ebay has a complaint system, why don't you raise a dispute?

I’ve contacted the seller, give them a chance first.

It's a chinese thing.

Yesterday received what I thought was the brackets for the new headlight for the shadow. When I open the box had a pair of grips 😠

This was the second time I tried to buy the brackets, first time the package was "lost" in China.

Aliexpress gave refund on both straightaway

"You're a very good costumer and we value your business..." 

Don't even need to return the grips.

Let's hope 3rd time lucky with the brackets.

If anyone is interested in a pair of grips... :D 

Edited by husoi
  • Haha 1

Likewise. Never bought anything with delivery from china. Just the same as I’ve never bought anything direct from America. I now try to avoid buying from the EU since the brexit disaster. I just can’t be doing with the hassle or wait. I’d rather pay a little more and have it arrive next day or within a couple of days. I guess the one exception is Amazon. I couldn’t care less where they are despatched from as long as the delivery date suits my rather odd lifestyle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mickly said:

So I’ve just purchased a solar panel kit to charge a bike battery, got it off eBay & obviously from China … 

Just unwrapped it & found that the cables don’t fit the control module 🤬

8FB7803E-C001-4EA9-8853-D6BFEE763992.thumb.jpeg.fe1b833e615b5daa1fe46f5fde8a43b0.jpegFukit Fukit Fukit !!

They look like screw terminals Just cut the plug off and wire it in 👌

It's a bit like the new Lithium Ferrite charger I got for my model sailing boat - the charger has four pins, the battery pack has three. Apparently you just bung the connector in so that any three pins make contact and it works.

It can be hard to avoid buying Chinese stuff. I paid extra for a Motion Pro tool thinking it would be manufactured in the States, when it arrived it has 'Made in China' on the box. 

The best service I had was a carrier for the Bobber. Ordered late Sunday night from Japan. Arrived 8.30am Wednesday morning.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 18:34, S-Westerly said:

I don't buy from China and try very hard not to buy Chinese made as well. Difficult though and occasionally there's no choice.

I would rather buy direct from China than fill the pockets of middle men.