Petition UK Government to increase funding for road repairs

exportmanuk

I think is more a matter of the councils stop using road repairs as elections PR and use the money correctly.

Maybe they should have someone making sure the surface standard adhere to BS (not bull....) and not the contractors getting paid for proper tarmac and supplying gravel with a bit of asphalt.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Drove from Stroud to Cirencester this morning along a road that was resurfaced last year. Its now like the surface of the moon. What the hell do they use for tar?

This country would rather spend money on vanity projects than fix the infrastructure we have - properly. You should see what they do with worn out roads in Germany!! They don’t resurface. They replace.

but even if we did that, we probably wouldn’t manage it properly. 5 minutes after it’s done some utility would be digging it up to replace a pipe!!

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

In Germany  (where my brother lives) their roads are brilliant. As I'm sure you know if it is necessary for a utility to dig up a road it is properly planned and all utilities work together. Not random digs like we get. 2 years ago a short section of road near me was properly replaced. 6 months late the gas board dug it up and patched their repair which is now more of a trench than a pothole. Meanwhile we can spend billions on HS2. Vanity project.

• Haha 1

Roads are that bad near me, the local test centre will have to introduce a new module on the learning curriculum. No more learning about vanishing point, more like, look for the bloody pot hole before it.  

Edited by Pie man
  • Like 1