Neotec 2 helmet

Went over to Guildford with the intention of buying a Schuberth C5 to replace my C3. Quite disheartened to discover the C5 just wouldn't fit my head regardless of the changes made to the internal pads. Size L was horribly tight and XL just wouldn't fit. So salesman suggested I try the Shoei Neotec 2. With thicker pads it is a perfect fit so that's what I bought. Rode home wearing it and it's noticeably quieter than the C3. So happy but poorer. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Went over to Guildford with the intention of buying a Schuberth C5 to replace my C3. Quite disheartened to discover the C5 just wouldn't fit my head regardless of the changes made to the internal pads. Size L was horribly tight and XL just wouldn't fit. So salesman suggested I try the Shoei Neotec 2. With thicker pads it is a perfect fit so that's what I bought. Rode home wearing it and it's noticeably quieter than the C3. So happy but poorer. 

I’m on my third Neotec mostly because Shoei’s tend to fit my head best, and because the flip is handy for going through customs. My biggest criticism is that, despite reviews claiming that ventilation is good, I’m not convinced. Compared with the lid I had before moving to the Neotec (a Shoei XR1000, I think) it’s relatively poorly ventilated. 

My last purchase was a bargain (????) £450 as it had an end of line graphic pattern (which I rather like). The expensive bit is that my good lady also likes the Neotec… and she’ll need a replacement next year. And, yes, I’m very much of the mind that 5 yearly replacement is a must. 

8CDC01A8-6EEF-4C76-A7D3-0003753E9808.jpeg

I had the Neotec and when looking for a new lid a couple of years ago went to SBS with the plan of going for the Neotec 2. I just didn’t like it. It’s heavier than the Noetec, it feels cheaply made compared to the its predecessor. I was disappointed. 
I went for the AGV sport modular. 

AGV have a tour modular out now so hopefully it will be the next lid when this one is ready to be changed. 

9 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

I had the Neotec and when looking for a new lid a couple of years ago went to SBS with the plan of going for the Neotec 2. I just didn’t like it. It’s heavier than the Noetec, it feels cheaply made compared to the its predecessor. I was disappointed. 
I went for the AGV sport modular. 

AGV have a tour modular out now so hopefully it will be the next lid when this one is ready to be changed. 

No version of AGV has ever fit my head. It's either too big or too small as the shell size / shape just doesn't do it for me.

I had exactly the same issue with the Schuberth.  I had the chance of buying a nearly new one reasonably cheap.  I got some opinions from this forum but ended up going to a dealer and trying a couple of them for size, just in case, and I'm glad I did.  Whatever configuration / size I tried, it was just uncomfortable and wouldn't fit properly.  I currently have the Neotec 2, and TBF it's probably one of the best helmets I've ever had.  The dealer I went to, in fairness to him, said that I probably have a Shoei head .... wasn't sure how to take that! lol,  but apparently Shoei fit longer heads,  he said that Schuberth, in his experience, tend to fit Arai heads better (rounder heads) .... I live and learn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonio said:

Another Shoei head owner here. Kinda fancied a Schuberth helmet, but never managed to make one fit. 

I had 2 Schuberth helmets in a row that worked really well. The latest generation just didn't  so it was then Shoei which worked well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've only bought two helmets but they have both ended up being shoei, GT Air followed by a neotec 2. 

When I went to the shop I was intending to buy a C5 but the guy helped me try on loads of different ones and the neotec 2 fitted me way better. I was in the store for about 2 hours trying them all out.

John at https://www.motocentral.co.uk/ is brilliant, I'd highly recommend visiting.

• Like 1

I loved the Neotec 2, I did have a pressure point on my forehead with it until I massaged it out of the foam. After that it was like a slipper.

Its heavy though but feels well built.