Claiming an abandoned bike

Joe85

Dang soap opera has hit the tip point 🤯 the dude should look after his shit more! id remember if id left a bike about. 
And none of your upper work colleagues or bosses knew about this American that could of contacted through work channels? even though its the same company? Wow that's poor management. Thought most upper corporate toss faces used linklin to do talk and show off positions and show how many people follow them...

I agree with previous post, Well want would be amusing if your employer gave him "the bill for storage or parking charges of 3 years as he wasnt a paying tenant nor a uk serving employee " now that he available 🤭🤓 to make it not worthwhile, if he persists;

Do a Norton, Just give him the main frame and engines cases thats all.. thats how i got it govna honest.😎

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Haha 1

Don't forget to remind him that as he exported the bike to the UK and appears not to have declared it as permanently import, more than likely there is import duty & VAT to be paid, possibly unpaid road tax and perhaps other offences like no MOT / SORN being declared. Worth checking out anyway as it could be used an extra lever for him to say, no mate, just keep it.

Edited by Capt Sisko
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 21/10/2023 at 23:07, Joe85 said:
On 21/10/2023 at 18:42, mealexme said:

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed you've almost got it on the road.

I've quite liked coming on here and reading about your adventure, and very jealous of your find!

Thanks mate. :D I'm sure there is much frustration and disappointment still to come.

Nooooooooo. I take it back. I take it all back!

I'm absolutely gutted for you. Strange the bloke just left it sitting for years though. I mean, I forget where I park the car in the carpark from time to time, but that's ridiculous

• Like 1

Yep, utterly bizarre. I meeting him next week to hand over the keys (bike is already back at work).

He's already asking "did you damage it", "why did we move it" etc. He basically got a free service, although there was no chance I was giving him it back with a fully-charged battery (annoyingly I threw the old one out) so I let it discharge overnight. 

One of my senior managers has told him he has to get it off-site before year-end or we'll scrap it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh crap. Absolutely gutted for you.    Likely someone in the company mentioned to someone else that joe85 had got a free bike and that someone leaned back in his chair and shouted across the office " hey Hank, didn't you leave a motorsickle over in the UK office car park"?

Edited by Tinkicker

4 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Yep, utterly bizarre. I meeting him next week to hand over the keys (bike is already back at work).

He's already asking "did you damage it", "why did we move it" etc. He basically got a free service, although there was no chance I was giving him it back with a fully-charged battery (annoyingly I threw the old one out) so I let it discharge overnight. 

One of my senior managers has told him he has to get it off-site before year-end or we'll scrap it.

Sounds like a right arrogant piece of f00£ €¥%$! Sorry but like he gives yanks (especially upper rank businessmen) a real bad reputation... 

if i was the manager of the site id have said to him he owes 3 years of storage costs (plus inflation, tax etc) and my employees time and cost of parts of x amount of money for keeping eye on it and getting it serviced /fixed for you only because your a off site employee of the company. oh and get it off my site by the end of the week cos the rates have gone up and it might go missing...welcome back to britain and HAVE A NICE DAY...mf.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 2

On 04/11/2023 at 14:09, Joe85 said:

Why do you have the give him the keys? Does he have the old ones? 

20 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Yeh, but because I record the imobilliser he won’t be able to start it.

You could offer to help him fix it, for a fee.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Minor update:

Bike remains undistrubed in the work carpark. I doubt he’s even been down to see it or try and turn it over.

Has he not even been to see you?  He sounds a right pillock. You just have to hold out another 3 weeks.

Then you can buy the bike as scrap off your company.  A nominal fiver for the xmas party fund and an undertaking to remove from site at your own expense should cover it and you then have a receipt for the undertaking.

You have title as he has failed to comply with terms of storage and effectively abandoned it in place.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Minor update:

Bike remains undisturbed in the work carpark. I doubt he’s even been down to see it or try and turn it over.

Rubs salt in the wound. :-( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Now im not condoning nicking but Ians idea is very tempting.🤫🤠🥸
doubt its insured, we'll certainly not a uk company anyway and id guess very much that theres a clause that states it can only be in the uk (foreign area) for so long...

True, not sure how it can be. It doesn't have a UK reg. Unless they can insure on just the VIN alone.