What’s everyone’s choice of biscuit then with their Tea/Coffee?

Troy

For me, Jaffa Cakes are my “kryptonite”, I can’t open the pack without finishing them. Are they even a biscuit or a Cake?

I’m also fan of the original McVitie Digestive. If one had to remain in the cupboard at all times, it would probably be the Digestive. 

Chocolate Hob-Nobs are becoming a little bit more-ish recently though…

Edited by Troy

They're a cake. Has been tested in law. Chocolate digestives, custard creams, anzacs, and controversially I like nice biscuits.

Worst biscuits are Maryland cookies and don't get me started on Americans calling scones, biscuits.

The legal test between a cake and a biscuit is....

A cake goes hard when it is stale.

A biscuit goes soft when it is stale. 

Jaffa cakes go hard when stale so they are a cake.

My choices are:

Jaffa cakes

Jammy Dodgers

Wagon wheels (preferably jammy)

Caramels

At a push I will eat any kind of biscuit.  Even fig rolls. 

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The legal test between a cake and a biscuit is....

A cake goes hard when it is stale.

A biscuit goes soft when it is stale. 

Jaffa cakes go hard when stale so they are a cake.

My choices are:

Jaffa cakes

Jammy Dodgers

Wagon wheels (preferably jammy)

Caramels

The exception here is parkin. Which is hygroscopic and gets more moist with time.

9 minutes ago, goat said:

The exception here is parkin. Which is hygroscopic and gets more moist with time.

But extensive research has proved that parkin has a shelf life of mere nano seconds.

It is baked. It is then surrounded by maximum security until it is ready to eat. At which point it mysteriously disappears. 

Presenting the empty cake tin does not result in more parkin being made. 

Life is hard and cruel. 

• Haha 3

I agree with bullfrog and bender... apart from the evening of what bullfrog will do to JD's unsupervised ... the world is not ready for that mind warping possibility if it was shared with the world. 

just to add my wifes supr moist carrot cake is the best kept secret....shhhhhh!

The Yorkshire wife would say that Yorkshire tea should not be tainted with foreign substances!! any other tea can have any thing put with it cos its so crap nothing can make it drinkable! Lol

Edited by RideWithStyles
Tea

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

When we were having an extension built we left a selection of biscuits out for the various trades people to have with tea / coffee. 
The fig biscuits were never eaten. 

• Haha 1

Wife never ever buys biscuits. She does make a good shortbread though.

On ship we don't get a lot of choice. Danish Butter cookies are common although usually not Danish or with butter and are disgusting. 

Recently in Italy though we got a rather good Italian version of Jaffa cakes. Very nice and when put out disappear rapidly. Also a reasonable cherry version but the orange is better.

I'm a big fan of the original chocolate bourbon and dark chocolate digestives. And a Tunnocks caramel wafer, both milk or dark chocolate is good. They are my top 3 for "classic tea/coffee biscuits". 

More modern and Jaffa cakes are the undisputed king. Jammie dodgers following up in second, and crunch creams edges out Le petite Chocolat for third. 

Unfortunately, I think you can count on both hands and feet how many biscuits I eat a year. I'm into a lot of active things, and rock climbing/hiking is crap when you have heart burn :lol: