Why is tax for a motorcycle so high even though emissions are supposedly low?

peepae

I guess it depends on your bike whether the current systems works out well for your or not.

My MV provides the world with 148.5 g CO2 per km. If it was a car, the tax would be £255 a year. As bike, it's £111. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2023 at 12:55, bonio said:

I guess it depends on your bike whether the current systems works out well for your or not.

My MV provides the world with 148.5 g CO2 per km. If it was a car, the tax would be £255 a year. As bike, it's £111. 

Thats fantastic, my tiger 1200 is only119g CO2.

• Haha 1

On 27/11/2023 at 15:36, RideWithStyles said:

Because once again the government forgets (fails to update its policies) that motorcycles are part of the transportation section and worthy of consideration unless its hoody yobs or crims giving a bad name...

No they're not !  They're expensive toys for aged fat men with delusional dreams and probably leather fetishes too.

7 hours ago, curlylegend said:

No they're not !  They're expensive toys for aged fat men with delusional dreams and probably leather fetishes too.

Apart from the leather fetishism you could be right although the dreams are probably less delusional than they used to be.

• Like 1

Because the Government really doesn't want to encourage the population to use motorcycles. We're vulnerable, noisy, difficult to see, weave in & out of traffic, don't pay for parking or conform to whatever 'being normal' is. Plus, whilst motorcyclist account for just 1% of the traffic we account for 18% of road deaths. That makes us an expensive group when looked at police/ NHS and social costs.

Now, whilst above might sound all doom & gloom the bottom line is we're bumping along below the radar and that ain't a bad thing. Very little of the legislation that's been applied to cars has been applied to motorbikes and I'm kind of quietly grateful for that.

Edited by Capt Sisko
typo
  • Like 7