What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

Rode it to Northern Ireland 

I’m going to have to start holding my camera upside down just so I can post on this forum!

IMG_9346.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You've got better weather than here in  northern France mate. Cold and windy and wet is it. Bleg. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Ride out yesterday to Emma's cafe in Woburn. Breakfast baguette was consumed. Big turnout of bikes. Looked like a vintage / veteran club leaving as we arrived. 

Couple of oil pools left to mark their territory. 🤣

Edited by JRH
  • Haha 3

Went out to recce a couple of number places, no joy at all, oh well never mind. Here pre leaving, bonus hollyhock and the cat skulking off somewhere.

IMG_20240602_101028.jpg

• Like 2

I did Bugger all with my bike(s)

Started off with a lazy morning then mowing the lawn, thinking that an afternoon bimble was in order, followed by painting 12 fence panels, setting up the water feature for the new season & rubbing down & painting the garden furniture, all well and good except that by the time I had finished ( about 16:00 ) and I thought about going out Mrs Mickly had cunningly fed me a few very welcome refreshing ice cold lagers to help me cool down during my endeavours & now I’m not able to ride 😡

I’m sure she planned it as rather than going out for a razz I’m cooking dinner !

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, bonio said:

You've got better weather than here in  northern France mate. Cold and windy and wet is it. Bleg. 

Off to the schloss?

• Like 1

Went to Giants causeway today, great 180 mile round trip. Now having a beer and watching Netflix with it in the background (photo taken upside down)IMG_9421.thumb.jpeg.356d5bcb27fd27948097773cee4d0371.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I went out for a couple of hours, but it was shortened to less than 20 minutes.

All I did was change the oil.....

Errrrmmm, I'd also left the fuel tap on for a week, and it now runs at low rev's like it's only firing on two bloody cylinders 🙄, then it konks out. However, it still managed to scream up to a ton when I cranked it open.

Gonna have to strip those carb's.

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bungleaio said:

Off to the schloss?

I'm like an addict.

Here's the scene today at Houfalize. Great riding all the way from Nassogne to the schloss.

But two shocks for us. First, Daniela no longer does dinner on Tuesday, and second the guys at the Saray Grill are on holiday for the whole of May and Sunday Monday and Tuesday this week. What's a man supposed to do when the universe is like this?

20240602_143316.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mickly said:

cunningly fed me a few very welcome refreshing ice cold lagers to help me cool down during my endeavours & now I’m not able to ride 😡

I’m sure she planned it as rather than going out for a razz I’m cooking dinner !

wish wifes/hubands/selfs did that with al the bloody lycra and landy disco muppets around my area.

On 01/06/2024 at 20:58, bonio said:

I'll agree with that !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bonio said:

I'm like an addict.

Here's the scene today at Houfalize. Great riding all the way from Nassogne to the schloss.

But two shocks for us. First, Daniela no longer does dinner on Tuesday, and second the guys at the Saray Grill are on holiday for the whole of May and Sunday Monday and Tuesday this week. What's a man supposed to do when the universe is like this?

20240602_143316.jpg

This is truly not on, a man of your calibre should not be forced to endure such conditions. 

Are you going to be forced to have pizza ?

• Like 1

Thats what I thought!

Yes. Pizza. Sigh. But oday we raided Aldi and came back with wraps, salad and wine. 

Had a very enjoyable but totally knackering ride too. Just 140 miles. Every mile was 100% concentration or else come off. So we opted to  concentrate.

Top pic is our lunch stop. Bottom is the geyser at wallendorf 

Screenshot_20240603-205011_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240603-205158_Photos.jpg

• Like 8

Today was puncture day.Screenshot_20240604-211728_Photos.thumb.jpg.bbfee2272b7d8f7f354179586fba5114.jpgAnd then a trip to Bernkastel and Piesport. Can't put the Bernkastel pic in because Steve looks a bit 'special', so here's Piesport instead.

20240604_153028.thumb.jpg.8be4a229267e21e2ba18f69d65369efc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I should have copyrighted my trips. I feel like I’ve been plagiarised. Copied. Aped. 

Cut to the quick I am. Cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I feel like I’ve been plagiarised.

It's the most sincere form of flattery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway, not completely plagiarised, as we had to get a new tyre today, which is a first. Becker of Bitburg had exactly the one we were after. What are the chances of that? All fitted by just after 11.

One of the elderly gentlefolk who props up the bar in the evenings, tabbing for Germany, asked me throigh the cigarette fog if everything was OK. Sure, I said, we had a puncture this morning but this morning we got a new tyre. Yes, he said, from Becker of Bitburg. Great place, and they do good prices: other places will see a foreigner coming and charge accordingly.

I think we must be the main show in town this week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Can't compete with @Bonio but on long ride out today to find a famous tea room in Ely by the river, I spotted something darting along the bank, it was quick and finally it flew up onto a village sign, none other than a little owl with its prize, a shrew in its beak, wonderful what you can see on a ride!! Don't see so many now, but the fens seem to suit them

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Angela Collen said:

Can't compete with @Bonio but on long ride out today to find a famous tea room in Ely by the river, I spotted something darting along the bank, it was quick and finally it flew up onto a village sign, none other than a little owl with its prize, a shrew in its beak, wonderful what you can see on a ride!! Don't see so many now, but the fens seem to suit them

What a treat! 

The only little owl I've ever seen, was in Greece. 

On ride out today, with a roundabout approaching, i see ahead a car, as it comes round it the driver is distracted, leaning into back, child and dog misbehaving i learned later,  but this causes him to swerve onto my side ahead of me, I take measures to slow down ,then realising his error he proceeds to stop, crossways on my side of the road!! at least he stopped, but glad I was road aware and slowing down, otherwise could have been real problem, the madness you see while riding a bike!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Angela Collen said:

On ride out today, with a roundabout approaching, i see ahead a car, as it comes round it the driver is distracted, leaning into back, child and dog misbehaving i learned later,  but this causes him to swerve onto my side ahead of me, I take measures to slow down ,then realising his error he proceeds to stop, crossways on my side of the road!! at least he stopped, but glad I was road aware and slowing down, otherwise could have been real problem, the madness you see while riding a bike!!

Thank goodness you were forward thinking, and you're still in one piece.

• Like 2

Maintenance Day … Tuono and Strom … chain tension, lube, wash, new chain ordered for the Tuono, £41, . Rust scrubbed off Strom main stand and Hammerite lovingly applied … .. Julie painted walls in conservatory, I did the cutting in where she could not reach  … all in all not a bad day …

• Like 1