Module 2 - members test experiences

4 minutes ago, Blackholesun said:

Took the 1st one available and Test rebooked this time for Farnborough even further away! and another place I've never been...6am start for a 9am test...anyone done theirs here ?

Good luck, no where near there but I did my test first thing in the morning, rush hour was great, I don't mind traffic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Failed mod 2 again today at Farnborough I felt like crying and jacking it in...1 serious fault at a roundabout....one lane to my right  was coned off and when I came around in the middle lane to take 3rd exit that lane was then coned off so I had to Jump to the lane on my right which was a serious fault due to awareness as a car was behind me.

Feel absolutely dejected atm

'

Its so prohibitively expensive to keep failing 

the fault was within a minute of leaving test centre so it's almost cruel to make you carry on esp when I knew what id done after !😢

Edited by Blackholesun
  • Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blackholesun said:

Tbh I'm pretty skint atm so putting any tests on the back burner for now...if I did my mod 1 on a 700cc bike can I do a mod 2 on my 125cc just to get the L plates off and Never do a CBT again ? Just wondering as it's only £75

Pretty sure the test costs the same, no matter the size bike you use?

2 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

Tbh I'm pretty skint atm so putting any tests on the back burner for now...if I did my mod 1 on a 700cc bike can I do a mod 2 on my 125cc just to get the L plates off and Never do a CBT again ? Just wondering as it's only £75

Nope you have to take Mod2  on the same size bike you did mod 1 on.

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2021 at 14:58, Blackholesun said:

Finally finally passed my mod 2 today at Uxbridge 3rd time of trying ! One minor for following distance....feel so liberated !

Congrats ! That has got to be a weight off your shoulders....time to go bike shopping 🏍️

5 hours ago, Blackholesun said:

It certainly is at one time I thought it's never gonna happen then on the actual day it went perfectly!

Se here. I did mine last year had one test cancelled because of covid and when I turned up for my second my CBT had run out 😖🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2021 at 14:58, Blackholesun said:

Finally finally passed my mod 2 today at Uxbridge 3rd time of trying ! One minor for following distance....feel so liberated !

hurray!! I'm late I know... now you can go get some tags next year 🤣

Passed my test this week. Hammered rain the whole time. This was a resit as I'd failed a few weeks ago for not letting a car by in a busy residential estate. 

Did the resit in Croydon. Tester seemed like a nice guy. His instructions were clear and he had a calm voice which helps. The test route itself was fine bit of traffic held us up which is great for eating up time. 

Although I thought I'd failed before even leaving the test centre. As we rode out some woman in people carrier driving in to the centre decided to swing a u turn in front of me. No indication, no hint she was going to do it. I think she turned down the wrong road. Took her a few goes to turn the car around. I went to set off and didn't realise I was in neutral. Thought I'd have failed for lack of control before even getting on a public road. 

Ended up with 2 minor marks. One for a missed lifesaver and one for taking a slow left turn a bit wide. 

Delighted I passed. Being a bit older and on L pates isn't a great look 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

MOD2 done today.  Bit scrappy in places (4 minors) but a pass is a pass. Test was at Chester. Decent examiner, had a bit of a chat beforehand which put me at ease. Stalled at the lights just going out, but recovered it quick and got on with things. Pulling up at the side of the road I tended to park too far from the kerb. My fault for not taking a proper MOD2 lesson with my instructor. Just before getting back to the test centre had an ambulance on a blue light approaching a roundabout I had just joined. I had time to gun it and get out of his way but chose instead to stop on the roundabout well back so he could see it was OK to go. Turned out the examiner was going to advise me to do that anyway, so brownie points for pre-empting him.
Just got to find a bike now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bender said:

@Fiddlesticks👍 well done, happy shopping, what you looking at? 

Thanks!
What to buy?  Head vs. heart.  Big cheap sports tourer vs. stupidly big custom cruiser.  Have an 85 mile round trip motorway commute to do up to twice a week.  Chrome and rain not an ideal combo, plus the learning curve of a heavy bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Passed my mod 2 today (3rd times the charm) and like many of you my nerves n anxiety were really gettin the better of me..

Barely slept a wink lastnight.

Sat up early this morning decided to google "mod 2 test stress" and it eventually took me here.

Cant remember who said it ^^^^^

But something along the lines of "try and forget that theres a guy on a bike behind you, that voice is your satnav simply telling you where to go, jst relax and enjoy the ride.." 

Thankyou to whoever said that cos it really helped!

Best luck with the big day 🤙

• Like 7